Holding a note on a Base MK-939

Reaction score
Hi, I recently purchased a BASE MK-939 keyboard and a beginners book on how to play. I'm having trouble playing a song because I need to hold a note for eight beats, but the keyboard will only hold the note for a few beats, even if I hold the key down. I've read the manual and tried all the buttons on the keyboard but I can't find a way to keep the note going by holding the key down. Can anyone help?

Thanks
Adam

Reaction score
Hi Adam,

a note pressed on a keyboard (even holding it down) generallly does not last 8 seconds, unless you buy a foot pedal to plug into the sustain socket (allowing you to extend the length of that note) like pianos. :)

Nivea

Reaction score
Hi,

I know my keyboard has a MIDI port because I've seen posts by other people recommending this keyboard as a good cheap option to get a MIDI port. However the documentation is a little slim and I have no idea whether I could plug a sustain pedal into the MIDI port or not. Can you explain how this works and how I can determine if I can do this with this keyboard?

Thanks
Adam

Ask a Question