Hooking up a keyboard to my yamaha DGX 630

Reaction score
I'm owning a yamaha DGX 630 atm and I would like to have another keyboard.
The only problem is that my budget is kinda tight. So I was wondering if it's possible to buy a cheap keyboard, and play on it using the sounds of my DGX 630.

The Yamaha DGX 630 doesn't have midi imputs (which the cheap keyboard will probably have as outputs) but it has a USB input. I do have a USB-MIDI inferface which I use for my pc. Is it possible to use that to connect a keyboard to my DGX 630? (I'd rather not buy a keyboard and then find out it doesn't work :p)

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
I strongly doubt that you will be able to connect two keyboards to each other with a USB cable. There might however be some way to do it with your computer in between, but not with any method that I'm familiar with.

If you ask me, I would probably say that you cannot do that. But there are other members here who knows a lot more about this subject than I do, hopefully they can give you a better answer :)

Reaction score
Sorry... can't do.

That's a USB data transfer port, or the USB midi OUT so you can't connect anything via USB into your keyboard (unless it's the data transfer port so you can load sounds and/or styles via USB).

And, as Sargas said, no keyboards can be connected by an USB cable

Ask a Question