How can i connect my tablet/PC to digital piano

Reaction score
Hey guys, i want to ask some question about Midi connection.

Model of my digital piano - Casio PX-560M.

I really tired to find solution on youtube videos or tech documentation of my instrument so i ask here.

I want to connect my tablet to digital piano (i also have OTG-cable) and want as example play mp3/midi compositions on this piano (to use this digital piano as speakers for tablet as phonogram to learn songs).

Is this posible? If it not possible on tablet, will be fine also on notebook. I just dont know algorithm where to begin and what to begin to get comfort piano learning.

First solution i get its just connect big speakers to my tablet and use 3 devices at same time (Speakers + tablet + digital piano). But i saw some videos where people use tablet with piano. Can someone explain me how to do this or give useful advices where to begin if i talking rubbish now.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Welcome.

You do not need the OTG cable as there is an audio input on your 560. Connect your tablet via an audio lead and you should have the capability to play the audio files on your tablet on your 560.

You can also connect Laptop to the 560 Audio Input via audio leads

I cannot help on using an Android tablet connected via an OTG cable to your 560, as I only use my iPad.

Have you tried connecting via the OTG to both yur Tablet and Laptop?

If you have what was the result?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
The Casio PX-560M should be able to connect using a standard USB-A to USB-B cable (squarish connector on one end, flattened connector on the other end), but I don't know whether it requires a USB 2 cable or can work with a USB 3 cable; I'd stick with USB 2 to be safe.

As for the tablet, it might depend on the operating system and the specific model of tablet.

An iPad will require an Apple Camera Connection Kit that lets you connect the flattened end of a standard USB cable to the iPad via the USB port on the adapter, but the specific version of Camera Connection Kit will depend on whether it's an older iPad with the 30-pin port or a newer iPad with the Lightning port.

A Windows tablet might have a normal-sized USB port, or it might have a smaller USB port that requires using either an adapter or a special cable with a normal-sized squarish connector on one end and a smaller flattened connector on the other end.

I think Android tablets can vary a good bit more than Windows tablets depending on the manufacturer, but as far as I know an Android tablet would most likely require a USB OTG cable or adapter. Since you mentioned that you have an OTG cable, I'm guessing you have an Android tablet? If that's the case, it may matter how old the tablet is, because I don't think early versions of the Android OS supported USB On-The-Go.

If it's a tablet that uses a proprietary offshoot of the Android OS, such as a Barnes & Noble Nook, or an Amazon Fire tablet, then you'll need to check the owner's manual or technical specifications to see whether it supports USB On-The-Go.

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
As @Biggles/Col said, you don't need to use a USB cable if you just want to do an audio connection. A USB cable would be for a MIDI (i.e., USB-MIDI) connection.

Reaction score
Operating system of my tablet android 7.0. Just when i connect my tablet by OTG-cable to digital piano (tablet even see the connection, but he tell me that he cant share data with piano and recommend me use Samsung Smart Switch or Android File Transfer applications), the tablet behaves like it not connected to piano.

Im noob in this things lol but much forums said that pianos like Casio PX-560M work on the principle "Connect and play", so not need to download some drivers on tablet or PC, the digital piano will do all work by himself.

I also thought it will be ez, like connect tablet by OTG-cabel to piano, open music player - and piano will play your music like speakers or something else, but as i see:

1.Even after connection my tablet playing music only on tablet, not on piano
2.I guess this model of piano can play only Midi files, not mp3 or something else (but in section [audio recorder] it can see my WAV file, just when i trying to open it he tell me "Wrong data")

So i need to download some application from Play Market or something else to all play normal or i do something wrong?

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
As far as I know, the PC-560M does not have USB audio, so you will not be able to transmit audio from the tablet to the keyboard or vice versa using a USB connection.

But you can play a MIDI file on the tablet and transmit the file's MIDI messages to the keyboard, or play the keyboard and transmit the keyboard's MIDI messages to the tablet.

If you want to transmit audio from one to the other, you can use a TRS audio cable to connect them-- that is, a stereo audio cable. (Audio cables come in different types: TS = mono, TRS = stereo, and TRRS = stereo plus a third audio channel such as a microphone.)

The size of the plugs you'll need on either end of the audio cable will depend on the size of the audio jacks on the keyboard and tablet, and may also depend on whether you want to transmit audio from tablet to keyboard or from keyboard to tablet.

To transmit from tablet to keyboard, plug one end of an audio cable into the headphones jack of the tablet, and plug the other end into either the auxiliary jack or audio in jack of the keyboard (if the keyboard has either one).

To transmit from keyboard to tablet, plug one end of an audio cable into either the headphones jack or audio out jack of the keyboard, and plug the other end into either the auxiliary jack or audio in jack of the tablet (if the tablet has one). If the tablet has a TRRS jack for connecting a headset (headphones or stereo out with a microphone or mono in), then you might have to use that jack instead.

Another possibility would be to buy a USB audio interface. You would connect the keyboard to the interface using one or more audio cables, then connect the interface to the tablet using a USB cable.

Reaction score
Model of my tablet is Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, Andrroid 7.0
D85e3h2eVX0.jpg

My piano have 10 holes on behind. 7 at the right (+ audio volume i even dont know what it do lol bcz volume thing i have on main panel)
EpnqhZskHkY.jpg

And 3 at the left
HBJZLBgRWhA.jpg

What cabel model i need to buy and where i need to connect it? Explain me please.

Reaction score
You plug the cable into the Audio In socket, after setting the volume control knob you see in the image to about 50%. Set the tablet volume to minimum and turn up the tablet volume to give audio from your keyboard at the level you want.

This is a 3.5mm stereo cable with TRS plugs at either end.

You will need to check your manuals to see what sockets are fitted to both devices.

The Keyboard will probably have a TRS socket but the tablet will have either a TRS or a TRRS socket

TRS means Tip, Ring and Sleeve and denotes the connections, a TRRS has an extra connection on the sleeve and this type is normally used on mobile phones etc for the mike that is incorporated in the earphones.

Reaction score
Thank you Biggles, its works! I connected digital piano with 3,5mm TRS cable, works with phone/tablet/notebook.

So, problem resolved.

Ask a Question