How do I change the Accompaniment Voice.

Reaction score
I have a Yamaha PSR-e333 and I am not sure how to change this. When I press the ACMP I always get an organ type voice. Surely I must be able to change the Voice so it matches the main Voice? Thanks.

Reaction score
If the keyboard has OTS (OneTouchSetting) you can use that. OTS is the factory setting for a voice or combination of voices they think suits the style you are using best. Or you can activate ANY voice you like with he style (accompaniment) you are using yourself..

YeahDoIt, I don't know what keyboard you are using but if you want to save settings you have to store them in a 'user area' if the keyboard has that possibility.
Than you can switch off the keyboard and later recall your settings.
In other words they will not be lost when power off but stay in memory.
BTW if you have made and saved a few nice settings it is always a good idea to make backups on whatever media you keyboard takes.

The Y_man

Reaction score
Omits,

Need more info on what you are doing.
  1. Are we talking to the righ or to the left of the split point?
  2. Is the auto accompaniment playing? (ie drums etc going?)

The Y-man

Reaction score
I have a Yamaha PSR-E333. When I press the ACMP button I only seem to get one voice (organ) type. So if I have a piano voice in the keyboard and press ACMP it comes up as an organ.

Any ideas how I change the Accompaniment voice on this keyboard so I can do one finger chords?

Reaction score
Sorry, I did not get an email. I am just trying to do single finger chords.
1. Left.
2. No, I have not set that going.

What I have found so far is the Split Voice and Dual Voice features and that seem to be what I am referring to. If I have ACMP on and Split Voice on I seem to be getting single finger chords. Still learning.

Reaction score
Is the ACMP light on? It seems that you have only the full keyboard activated. That will give an equal sound over the whole keyboard. If the ACMP lightis ON you should have the splitpoint at (default) F#2 and on the left of that the accompaniment. There you play you choicen finger-chords.

The Y_man

Reaction score
Sorry, I did not get an email. I am just trying to do single finger chords.
1. Left.
2. No, I have not set that going.

What I have found so far is the Split Voice and Dual Voice features and that seem to be what I am referring to. If I have ACMP on and Split Voice on I seem to be getting single finger chords. Still learning.

If it is anything like my casio, the left hand end will only give a default organ type sound UNLESS you have the rhythm started.

The Y-man

Reaction score
Yes, thanks I've sussed it now (told you I'm a beginner) I have to use the Split key as well. I will investigate Moderators idea. Better get on with a bit more practice! Have to say though the Manual could be better.

Reaction score
I have said this several times on various fora, manuals of ANY keyboard are a pain in the behind, especial for beginners (and not only beginners!).
Someone should make a booklet that explanes the 'jargon' that is used in manuals.
Moderators!! Maybe something for this forum to pick up? A section like: "What The Heck Means.....":cool:
The factory-techs and the people who write these darn things just DON'T seem to think about clients with no knowledge about their products.
The biggest pain TMHO is "see page ... for details". On that page you wil find "see page... for details" and so on and so on.
In fact, for a quite simple thing to find out, one has to go to many pages while the whole procedure could fit on half a page.
My two cents for today!:)

Reaction score
Amen to that brother there was a guy who wrote a manual for my XS 8 that I bought and it was a bit easier but the manual is the size of a phone book but it works

Reaction score
If it is anything like my casio, the left hand end will only give a default organ type sound UNLESS you have the rhythm started.

The Y-man

Hi A newbie here..... have exactly the same problem....

I have a Yamaha DGX 220 and I don't know how to change this. When I press the ACMP I always get an organ type voice. CRAP, Surely I must be able to change the Voice so it matches the main Voice?
I want to be able to play chords without having the accompaniment playing....with the same voice as the right hand.
Does anyone know if this is possible on this keyboard?
As DickR says the manual is incomprehensible and especially for a pensioner like me....:)
AND Not a musician.....so do not understand all the technical terms in the manual.
If anyone can help that would be great...
Cheers
Goatherd

Reaction score
Goatherd,
When you press ACMP to des-activate the accompaniment the keyboard should give you the same 'voice' sound over all the keys. So you can play it like a piano (or any other voice available). If you still have two different voices you have set these voices, normally left and right from the splitpoint. By default the splitpoint is #F-2 and that is the 8th BLACK key from left. Look under function - splitpoint. There you can change the voices to whatever you like best.

Reaction score
Hello DickR sir,

I wanted help from you to rectify a small problem which i am facing with my Yamaha PSR E333 keyboard model.

When the ACMP is ON, i dont listen to any chords which i play. Can you please help me with this.

Thanks in advance,
Chaithra.

Reaction score
Chaithra,
You have to be a bit more specific please.
ACMP is on and you don't hear ANY sound or only no sound from LEFT of the splitpoint?
Do you hear the same 'voice' over the WHOLE keyboard or only the RIGHTHAND voice?
Did you de-activate the splitpoint and have set it to whole keyboard?
If you don't hear ANY sound, is there a headphone connected? Headphones disconnect the on-board speakers!
If headphones are connected, do you hear the normal sound trough the headphones?

Reaction score
I am using PSR E333 Keyboard. I have an issue in my keyboard. ''ACMP is on and I don't hear ANY sound or only no sound from LEFT of the splitpoint'' All other keys are working fine. Could you help me to resolve the issue.

Reaction score
Hi A newbie here..... have exactly the same problem....

I have a Yamaha DGX 220 and I don't know how to change this. When I press the ACMP I always get an organ type voice. CRAP, Surely I must be able to change the Voice so it matches the main Voice?
I want to be able to play chords without having the accompaniment playing....with the same voice as the right hand.
Does anyone know if this is possible on this keyboard?
As DickR says the manual is incomprehensible and especially for a pensioner like me....:)
AND Not a musician.....so do not understand all the technical terms in the manual.
If anyone can help that would be great...
Cheers
Goatherd
Did you manage to solve this? I'm struggling with the exact same problem. I've tried changing split voice - that doesn't do it. I've tried changing dual voice - that doesn't do it either. All I get is that lousy organ when I use ACMP. Mine is a YPT-340 but the problem seems exactly the same.

Reaction score
Welcome Hadders.

The first thing that usually gets suggested with any Yamaha keyboard is to perform a Factory Reset.

Save any user data you have like Registrations etc then perform the reset.

With the keyboard off, press and hold the furthest right white key, then press the power on button.

This tends to clear quite a significant number of different faults.

Do come back and advise if this resolves your problem.

Ask a Question