How do I reset the factory settings CASIO PRIVIA PX-350M?

Reaction score
I suddenly started having single keys having different sustain characteristics on my Casio PRIVIA PX-350m
I looked up in the manual and it says to turn the SETTING BACKUP 8-3 to OFF.

The trouble is that there is no SETTING BACKUP in the menu. I've gone through the entire menu and
it does not exist where it says it's supposed to be.

How do I reset the keyboard? I'm tearing my hair out and I have an impending performance that
this problem will make the keyboard untenable.

Thanks, in advance.

Rick Walker

Reaction score
Thanks so much, Gary, I wanna kiss you.

Unfortunately, I Re -initialized it and the same problem is happening. I think there may be a physical problem with the keyboard. Weirdly, if I transpose the keyboard, the problem key transposes so I know it's not a physical key problem. Weird glitch but it's got one of my favorite note out of commission for just the piano patches: Bb midi note 70.

One last question, while I have your attention: In the manual, it says to turn off the SETTING BACKUP button, but when I scroll through every single menu item, there is not one called SETTING BACKUP and it's definitely not where it's supposed to be.
Would you happen to know where the SETTING BACKUP menu item is..........the manual is incorrect.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Sorry man.

I'd suggest asking over at the casiomusicforums where I pulled that thread from.

They have company reps over there answering these questions.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Read the second message in this thread...

http://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/topic/6847-need-factory-reset-for-privia-px-850/

Hold down the GMTones button and the Function Button simultaneously while powering up the unit.

That should result in a factory reset.

Gary ;)
Thank happyrat1. I have a PX350 with the same problem as Rick Walter, and I read your mesage for him, applied yor recommendatio and my piano is alive again! Thanks a lot! From Puerto Rico.
I have another PX350 m and may be with the same problem. And I thinks the problem is caused by a damage Power supply adaptor!

Reaction score
I suddenly started having single keys having different sustain characteristics on my Casio PRIVIA PX-350m
I looked up in the manual and it says to turn the SETTING BACKUP 8-3 to OFF.

The trouble is that there is no SETTING BACKUP in the menu. I've gone through the entire menu and
it does not exist where it says it's supposed to be.

How do I reset the keyboard? I'm tearing my hair out and I have an impending performance that
this problem will make the keyboard untenable.

Thanks, in advance.

Rick Walker

Ask a Question