How good is the Korg M50's piano sound?

Reaction score
hi...

i've been reading a lot of reviews about this workstation which i'm planning to buy, and i'm getting kinda doubtful cause ive read in some reviews that the piano sounds are crap...
is it really that bad??

right now im using a yamaha psr e223... and its piano sound is really pure shit .. im loking for something a lot better than this, and also for a nice workstation. ...could the M50 satisfy me??

Reaction score
The M50 is probably the best overall midrange workstation at the moment.

16 part comibs, touchscreen, the effects system as on the M3 (5IFX, 2MFX, 1TFX) etc...

The piano will be better then the one on your psr (which is realy a VERY low budget keyboard) so you will hear a major difference...

But... as in all Korgs (except the SV1 stage piano), I find the piano to be very plonky and not good at all.

But if you're expecting an upgrade of the sound compared to your PSR - then sure, it's a huuuuge difference.

Compared to other piano sounds like from the Yamaha MO or the Roland Junos - it's not even close.

Here's a demo:

Ask a Question