How import new tones to Casio CTK 5000

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

Please somebody know how import new tones to casio CTK5000 and where can i get sample tones to import, what format i need ???

Thanks

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I don't think you can import new tones per se. You can sample sounds and save them, but I don't think that's the same thing as a new tone. I'm not sure how Casio's tones work, but on Yamaha's keyboards each voice (or what Casio calls a "tone") might consist of many samples-- e.g., each note might have its own sample, and the "sample" for a single note might actually consist of two or more samples which are layered together, or a single note might use different samples based on the velocity at which it's played. I don't know what format the CTK-5000 uses for saving its sampled sounds, but the section about sampling sounds begins on page E-17 of the User's Guide:

http://support.casio.com/en/manual/manual.php?cid=008&MODULE=

Reaction score
Michael (SeaGtGruff) is correct. The sampling feature on the Casio CTK-5000 (and related models) is intended primarily for sampling your own audio data from a radio, or CD player, or MP3 player, or "cassette player or turntable" (whatever those are ! ! !), etc. See the cabling diagram on Page E-17 of the manual. You can also resample and edit any of the onboard (preset) drum kits. However, audio samples can be saved to the SD Card as TW7 (Tone with Wave) files, and drum kit re-samples can be saved to the SD Card as DW7 (Drum with Wave) files. The TW7 and DW7 files can then be transferred to a PC or laptop's hard drive with the Data Management 5.0 software. This means that, " I F " you were able to find/download Casio TW7 or DW7 files from any source, you "should" be able to download and copy them to the MUSICDAT folder on the SD Card and load them into the CTK-5000's User Memory, BUT to my knowledge, neither Casio, nor any other tone/voice vendors have ever made these types of files commercially available. At one time, Casio did offer free aftermarket Z06 (Tone with Wave) and Z03 (Drum with Wave) file downloads in a self-extracting CKF format for the older WK-3XXX and their corresponding CTK models, but because the sound engines of the newer models were so drastically different, these old file formats are not at all compatible with the newer CTK-4XXX/5XXX or CTK/WK-6XXX/7XXX models. It is really too bad that Casio did not carry that aftermarket support over to the new models, but that certainly does not prevent users from sharing their own TW7 and DW7 files for the CTK-4XXX/5XXX and related models. Even so, since the CTK/WK-6XXX/7XXX models have no sampling capabilites at all, they would not be able to partake in this "sharing".

Last edited:
Reaction score
I see, maybe the easy solution is use Kontakt samplers with Casio in midi controller mode.

In other hand, can I import rhythm accomp chord in CTK 5000 ??? . For example in Roland GW-8 I can import own style accomp.

What need??

Thanks

Reaction score
The CTK/WK-6XXX/7XXX models have the ability to import CKF/Z00 format rhythm files from the older WK-3XXX models and automatically convert them to the new AC7 rhythm file format as they are loaded into the keyboard's User Memory. Since I do not own a CTK-5000, I do not know, for certain, that it has this ability, but I have a strong feeling that it does, so it would be well worth a try. You can download 108 rhythm files, in the CKF/Z00 format, from:

http://music.casio.com/e/data_ex4/rhythm.html

These are all professional Casio aftermarket rhythm files (pretty much a "bread and butter" repertoire) for the WK-3XXX models. They are not duplicates of the factory preset rhythm files on those models. They can not be batch downloaded, but rather must be downloaded one-at-a-time. If you are interested, download them to your computer and copy them to the MUSICDAT folder on your CTK-5000's SD Card, then follow the manual instructions (Page E-62) for loading a rhythm file into User Memory from the SD Card. If the CTK-5000 returns a "No file" error message, then it does not have the ability to import these files. If it can import them, most or all of them should play as-is. If an occasional instrument (tone) substitution is necessary, the CTK-5000's Rhythm Editor should be able to handle it. Usually this will be selecting a better match on the drum kit.

Since the release of the CTK/WK-6XXX/7XXX models, the Casio - Europe site has offered 50 free aftermarket rhythm files in the new AC7 format and designed specifically for the new boards. Most of these were in the club/dance/latin genres, but for some reason, they have been removed - a real shame, as they provided a much needed update to the CTK/WK's rather bland rhythm palette.

None of the CTK/WK models have the ability to import rhythm or tone files from competitors' models. There are several converter software programs for rhythm files, but these are for Korg, Roland, Technics, and Yamaha models. None of them deal with Casio rhythm files.

Last edited:

Ask a Question