How not to touch...

Reaction score
Hi Jasmine,

The coordination of hand and finger muscles is controlled by our nervous system specifically neurons which are responsible for the transmission of information throughout the body including your hands and fingers. The loss of fine motor skills has many causes, some serious others relatively benign. In your case, I suggest simple exercises will assist to regain full dexterity and get that “rouge” number 4 under control.
Here are some exercises that may help you regain your full dexterity:

1) Place your hand on a flat surface;

2) Lift every finger individually, lift all fingers together, lift 1 followed by 5 etc. any combination;

3) Play scales;

4) Play more scales.

Concluding, I am on the wrong end of sixty. The exercises above assisted in fully regaining my own fine motor skills particularly in my left hand.

Kind Regards,
Rafferty:)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Concluding, I am on the wrong end of sixty.
Strange comment mate!:eek:
There is nothing "wrong" about it. Try saying instead of "wrong" . . top end or right side or mature side.
Anyway good advice given to put that no. 4 back on track. I tried the flat surface lifting exercise on your advice and found it was more difficult than I imagined. Even moreso with the arthritis:(.
So in Jasmine's case I guess it is a matter of practise,practise,practise and exercise too. In my case my no 4 behaves okay but the arthritis knucke pain restricts some slick movements.

So Jasmine, don't despair and just keep playing. We all have our weaknesses which we can work on. We can move on upwards:). Imagine if we were already up top and perfect we would have nowhere else to go.
Ray

Reaction score
Strange comment mate!:eek:
There is nothing "wrong" about it. Try saying instead of "wrong" . . top end or right side or mature side.

G'Day Ray, I sometimes wonder where have all the years gone? One minute you wet nappies and the next you get a fright looking into a mirror:eek:. Regrets I have a few (Pardon the pun), I wish I started music at a much much earlier stage in my life. Music really stimulates all senses and at the moments there are few things I rather do.

Have a great weekend,
:) Rafferty

Ask a Question