how to become a jazz keyboardist

Reaction score
‎​H̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥,ℓ̊‎​ want to know how to play jazz music very well on keyboard. i've working on myself
Alone But it's not working...Pls can someone help me

Reaction score
I don't know what kind of jazz you want to play, but can you read musical notation? Do you know of other chords than major\minor? If you read musical notation, you can just search the internet for the particular song you want to learn. Jazz is not the easiest of genres to play by ear i'm afraid, because of all the "odd" chords (compared to most pop music anyway). So i would either learn some of the chords by ear, or learn musical notation, so you know how to read them. Then pick an easy one like Autumn Leaves or something, and just play around with it.

Good luck :)

Reaction score
Get yourself a copy of Alfred's Basic Adult Jazz/Rock Course
You should be able to source on the web.
I got mine shipped to Australia for just over $12.00 incl. popstage.
Well worth a look. It has some great Blues & Jazz instructional pieces along with major/minor chord info.

Reaction score
To become a good jazz player you have to be unemployed, stay up all night improvising with other musicians in nightclubs, hang out in New Orleans, talk real cool and wear dark sunglasses.

Reaction score
@Y man...ℓ̊‎​ don't know too but I'm very sure tjat †ђξ style °ƒ musiq ♈̷̴̩‎☺u expose yourself right from when you're young helps a lot...

tjw

Reaction score
I always wonder if being a jazz musician is born or made.

The Y-man

I think both are a factor, like any other music genre. People with some specific temperaments are introverted, oriented to detail more than others, enjoy time alone with study, hence there is a "born" aspect. There is also a natural inclination to artistic pursuit in some temperaments.

People with temperaments who are more inclined to tailgate football games and play golf will probably not become "made" - if they develop musicianship at all......

Ask a Question