How to change to simple piano

Reaction score
I have a Yamaha PSR e363. can someone please tell me how to have a simple piano sound on the right hand of the keyboard when I am using the music database
?

Reaction score
Yamaha manuals suck but they are an excellent source of info.

If you enable the keyboard Split your will get different sounds each side of the split.

Within the Menu system you can set the instrument sounds in each part of the keybed.

Normally you will get the default piano voice when you power the keyboard, enable the split and go into the Menu to turn off additional instrument voices in the right of the Split, look up at how to save this Registration to a User bank.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Note that the Music Database is designed to select voices and styles which are supposed to be good choices for specific songs-- although the song names used in the Music Database entries are somewhat disguised.

But as far as your question, selecting one of the Music Database entries will most likely select some other voice instead of a piano sound.

If you want to use a piano voice instead of the default voice for a given Music Database entry, select the desired Music Database entry first, then select Voice 1.

Reaction score
Note that the Music Database is designed to select voices and styles which are supposed to be good choices for specific songs-- although the song names used in the Music Database entries are somewhat disguised.

But as far as your question, selecting one of the Music Database entries will most likely select some other voice instead of a piano sound.

If you want to use a piano voice instead of the default voice for a given Music Database entry, select the desired Music Database entry first, then select Voice 1.
Thank you so much. I will give that a try!

Ask a Question