How to connect E PSR 353 Yamaha keyboard to PC

Reaction score
Hi Experts,

I have a PSR E 353 Yamaha Keyboard and would like to connect to PC and use it as MIDI input to either Audacity, FL Studio or Cubase. I would appreciate your help on this. Currently i bought a connector Printer scanner connector USB 2.0 but when I connect the keyboard to PC, nothing seems to happen. My aim to to program or arrange the music in my PC and my keyboard can work as MIDI input to the Music/ Song arrangement software(any one of them).

Also could you suggest what is the best song programming software available for Windows which is open source or free.

Regards,
Randeep

Reaction score
Have you downloaded and installed the driver for your Yamaha?

Audacity is not the best for multitrack work, try Cockos Reaper.

With DAW software you do get what you pay for, I only use mine occasionally so Ableton Lite works well for me.

Reaction score
Have you downloaded and installed the driver for your Yamaha?

Audacity is not the best for multitrack work, try Cockos Reaper.

With DAW software you do get what you pay for, I only use mine occasionally so Ableton Lite works well for me.

Thanks fornur suggestion , inwas able to install the driver and asio4 all driver as well. I could record the keyboard through digital keyboard input. However when i play the recording i dont get sound in pc speakers in reapers.. however when i chose output as midi output to keyboard i can listen the recording in my keyboard speakers. I can hear the metronome sound in the pc speakers but not the actual recording that i did though midi input.. could you please help reg reapers setup if i m missing something

Ask a Question