How to download packs on Yamaha PSR-EW410

Reaction score
Hi, so I have a Yamaha PSR-EW410 keyboard and I have bought a synth pack on Reverb for $10
I put the pack on my USB stick and put it in my keyboard and I have no idea how to access my synth pack. Any help/suggestions?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
The PSR-EW410 isn't expandable like the PSR-S models are-- you can use external Yamaha style files and MIDI song files, but you can't add more voices to it.

But you can connect it to your computer or iPad via its USB TO HOST port and use it as a MIDI keyboard controller to play VIs or virtual instruments-- often called "VST plug-ins," although "VST" is just one particular type of virtual instrument technology and there are others, so "VI" is a better generic term. And if you want, you can send the audio from the virtual instruments back to the PSR-EW410 over USB so the sounds come out of the PSR-EW410's speakers.

Reaction score
Oh, okay thank you for the useful info. It sucks that this keyboard is limited and If i would have known, i wouldn’t have gotten the keyboard. But I’ll use it like a midi for sure. I think I can, not sure. Will look into it soon.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I don't know what pack you bought, so I don't know the answer to that. If it's a VI plug-in, then I'd think you should be able to use it in a DAW or other plug-in host. But if it's a Voice & Style Expansion for a given Yamaha keyboard, or expansion module for a given soft synth, or something like that, then you probably can't use it without having the hardware or software synth that it's designed for.

Ask a Question