How to increase the volume of right hand instruments . .

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
PSR S 650

Sometimes certain voices being played with my right hand lack volume. The acoustic guitar sound is a good exampe. I have left hand acmp. chords playing but, I find the guitar sound is vey soft. Much softer than the rhythm and beat. How can I increase the volume of my lead guitar (right hand side) to be louder than the rest?

The mixer works with the acmp. but makes no changes to my lead melody (acoustic guitar). Is there a way to apply the mixer to the right side?

Cheers

Ray

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
There should be some way to tweak the individual voice settings for each patch.

Otherwise, how about just lowering the accompaniment volume and cranking up the overall volume?

Gary ;)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Thanks man!
I am still hopeful that there is a way to tweak the individual voice setting as you say. I reckon Michael @SeaGtGruff will know how.;)
As for lowering the acmp volume . . Yes I did think of that.
Cheers ray

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Yes, you should be able to go into the voice settings and increase the volume for the voice. Yamaha generally suggests a maximum volume of 100, even though it will go up to 127, on the basis that going beyond 100 may cause some distortion in the sound of the voice. But on my PSR-E models there are some voices with preset volumes over 100, such as 122 (which is very close to the maximum). On the other hand, a lot of voices on my PSR-E models have preset volumes which are ridiculously low in my opinion, such as 50-something, and those voices definitely sound better if you increase their volumes.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Thanks Mr. Gruff.
You hit the nail on the head. I searched and found it. Its in the "function display"
I can change 60 different aspects of my song. . including volume. And it is set on 100 exactly as you said. The dial takes it up or down. Up max 127 as you said.
So it had nothing to do with the mixer.
Your a gem Michael.:)
Cheers ray.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Different Yamaha models call it different things. Some models call it the "Voice Set" feature. Other models put it in with the "Mixer" feature (I think). And then there are the "poor boy's" models-- like the ones I have-- which have neither of those features, just a "Functions" menu. :)

Ask a Question