How to loop recording on Casiotone CT-S400?

Reaction score
Hi, just learning my new Casiotone CT-S400, but I can't find in the manual how to loop a user recording. I want to lay down a repeating bassline, but the recording just plays through once.

As an aside, I find it difficult to press (or reach) the record stop button at the perfect time to do a seamless loop. I would think a good feature would be if you play the same rhythm at least twice, the keyboard should see that it's a repeating pattern and continue it without having to hit the stop record button at the right time.

Reaction score
You can record both a song and a phrase on the CT X5000, the 700 looks to be a song sequencer only.

Your CTS is a keyboard that is of a different model line up and is £150 less expensive than a 5000 and you do get what you pay for.

I find that Casio non DP lineup under £750 is very muddled.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I stopped paying attention to Casio after the PX-560.

For a brief while they had a burst of semi pro sounding gear, with the XW-P1, XW-G1, and PX-5s.

Then they started cutting corners on pro connectivity and falling behind the competition in the bang for buck and sound quality.

Companies like Korg and Roland are producing tons of entry level gear with much better sampling and modelling these days.

You know, if they rereleased the CZ series again today it would still find a hungry appetite for phase modulation synths.

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Btw, stop using the crippled hardware sequencer and use a proper DAW for your mixes.

Reaction score
The CTX-700 loops just fine - you record something and it plays till you hit stop. The same recording on the CT-S410 doesn't loop. Am I doing something wrong?

Ask a Question