How to make casio rhythm converter ignores rhythm elements( intro2,ending 2,fill3,fill4)

Reaction score
On the CASIO Rhythm converter you are able to create a MIDI file (SMF) based on the Rhythm converter instructions.After that you can create a CKF file and load it to the keyboard. But here is the problem. Newer models of Casio keyboards such as CTK-4400, CTK-7200 do not have INTRO 2, and ENDING 2, Fill3, and fill 4.
I tried to think that okay if I just on the SMF put INTRO1, VAR1, VAR2, FILL 1, FILL2, and Ending 1, then this should be matchable to CTK-7200. But the problem is with Rhythm converter, it does not allow you to drop VAR 2, or FILL 3, or FILL 4. Even if you put 0 bar into the box, again it reverted back to 1 bar.
Do you have any idea how to use Rhythm converter so it creates a file that be matchable to CTK-7200? How to solve bar issues for Intro2, Fill3, Fill4, and Ending 2 on rhythm converter? Thanks a lot.
Xera

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Xera

Just put fictitious data into the Intro-2, Ending-2, Fill-3, Fill-4, etc slots. The CTK/WK-6XXX/7XXX will just ignore it when it loads the file. I load .ckf rhythm files with two Intros, two Endings, etc from my WK-3800 into my CTK-6000/7000 and WK-7500 all the time and have no problems. They "just take what they need and leave the rest". It would probably be easiest to just copy the same Intro data into both the Intro-1 and Intro-2 slots, and the same Ending data into both the Ending-1 and Ending-2 slots and so forth. That should satisfy the Rhythm Converter and help you keep everything straight. I am afraid that the Rhythm Converter may "choke" on any totally fictitious "junk" data that does not make sense to it. This way you know that whatever is OK in the Intro-1 slot should also be OK in the Intro-2 slot (at least as far as the Rhythm Converter is concerned), and so on.

Good luck and have fun !

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hello Ted again

You have always been a great help, and support, and this is admirable. I was thinking what if I create a whole silent bar for Intro2, also for ending 2, and fill3, and 4 may be this be another solution. I have not tried it yet. But by fictitious data you mean like I play some melody, and then load it into the intro2 for instance?
Before I buy CTK-7200 , I bought CTK-4400 and it has the same settings as CTK-7200 Rhythm elements buttons, but I thought CTK-7200 is much advanced , so I exchanged it.
I like your idea of putting the same Intro1 for both intros. I will try it.
Something seems a little confusing to me.and that is like at the end of Into 1 ( suppose it is 5 measure) on the MIDI file (SMF), there are notes that extend from Intro1 to the variation 1 by slurs. How do you deal with them, Do you just end of the Intro1(as 5 measures)? ,and start for instance Variation 1 ? or do you give an additional bar to the Intro 1(make it 6 measures so it covers the slur notes also)? ,so when you load it to the keyboard, after it plays the intro1 , it continues to the variation 1?

Regards

Xera

Reaction score
Xera

I am not really sure about this, but I think you would want to make Intro-1 6 bars and include the slur notes with it as part of the Intro. If you include them as part of Variation-1, you would get them every time you come back to it from Variation-2 or a fill. That may not sound right. OR . . . you could try it both ways and see which one you like better.

Reaction score
Ted

Thank you I will try. I wonder have you had such a problem ? or how have you managed your parts on SMF, so your keyboard played all parts correctly?

Xera

Reaction score
Xera

While I may load Casio designed rhythms from older boards into my newer units, or may make some simple modifications to existing rhythms, I pretty much withdrew from creating rhythms from scratch or converting them several years ago after many, many, many hours of very tedious work - mostly to no avail. Those that did work at all only worked for one type of chord. If I recorded it as a major chord, it would only work as a major chord. Minors, 7ths, Aug, Sus, etc resulted in nothing but dissonance. If I recorded the rhythm as a minor chord, it would only work as a minor. Sevenths and major 7ths and the other types did not work at all. So, I now leave that for those of you that are of heartier stock than me and just set here and play and enjoy my keyboards pretty much as they are.

Best of luck !

Reaction score
Hello Ted
I was able to convert Electro pop from ctk-671 to a ckf file. I played each part of the rhythms such as into 1, 2, etc. then i connected them , and made a single MIDI file. I exactly followed the instructions of rhythm converter to make a ckf file.The keyboard recognized it, and played all parts.There are minor issues like some few notes need to be deleted from the end of some bars,but so far I have been very successful.
About using minor, or 7th chord, you do not need to worry at all.when recording you just need to record only in C Major What you need to do is play your keyboard in a major scale. . choose C Major as rhythm converter says that it accepts C Major. After finishing your recording every thing now is set.The only challenge that I have found is to copy each part of the rhythm element to the other part , like connecting variation 2 to variation, or Fill 1 to variation 2.because some notes overlap, or get missed out. This copy , and paste requires a meticulous attention, but I look at this process as a hobby.Like while watching TV gradually try things, to see what works best. But I am very satisfied because I could record the rhythm elements( intro, var1,var2, ending...) and CTK 7200 accepted them, and played them, Now i only need to do some small adjustments to the timing of the notes,at the junction of the 2 connected elements. Like at the end of var2,( when fill1 needs to be connected) few notes need to be adjusted. As I mentioned, I look at the process as a kind of hobby or game, so this way I don't get upset over it. But It works, and CTK 7200 accepted the Electro pop from CTK-671.

Reaction score
Xera

I am very happy for you that you got all that sorted and have your Electro-Pop rhythm working on the CTK-7200, since you were so fond of it. Hopefully this will help you feel a little more "at home" with the 7200. Here is wishing you many hours of enjoyment with it. I will keep your comments in mind, should I ever try creating a rhythm again.

Reaction score
Hello Ted

Thank you again for you helpful hints which were great encouragement and information.
Sincerely'

Xera

Ask a Question