How to record on a casio lk 215

Reaction score
Hi all, I've been given a casio lk215 and have proudly managed to learn a couple of songs. I now want to record these songs onto a cd or memory stick on my computer. Is this in any way possible? Casio just refer me to the manual, which I have, and doesn't answer the question. I am technically challenged so if anybody has any ideas please use laymans terms. Thanks

Reaction score
Welcome.

The manual has zero info about recording and whilst it shows a slot for an SD card exists it seems to be for playback only.

I cannot see in the manual if the keyboard is configured for audio output via USB, so what this would seem to mean for recording is that you will need to output from the keyboard using the headphone socket.

Connect a lead from the headphone socket to the input socket on your PC, do use a stereo lead with 3.5mm TRS plugs at either end, I am assuming here that your PC has a single 3.5mm TRS input socket and if it does not you will need a lead with the applicable plugs at the end you will connect to the PC.

Use recording software like Audacity to record the audio output from the Casio.

You will need to delve into the software to select the input source and do have the volume turned all the way down on the Casio and gradually turn it up until the Vu level meters is Audacity peak without showing any red.

You will need then to trim the song to remove the blank sections you will have at the beginning and end of the recorded song and then you can save it.

Reaction score
Welcome.

The manual has zero info about recording and whilst it shows a slot for an SD card exists it seems to be for playback only.

I cannot see in the manual if the keyboard is configured for audio output via USB, so what this would seem to mean for recording is that you will need to output from the keyboard using the headphone socket.

Connect a lead from the headphone socket to the input socket on your PC, do use a stereo lead with 3.5mm TRS plugs at either end, I am assuming here that your PC has a single 3.5mm TRS input socket and if it does not you will need a lead with the applicable plugs at the end you will connect to the PC.

Use recording software like Audacity to record the audio output from the Casio.

You will need to delve into the software to select the input source and do have the volume turned all the way down on the Casio and gradually turn it up until the Vu level meters is Audacity peak without showing any red.

You will need then to trim the song to remove the blank sections you will have at the beginning and end of the recorded song and then you can save it.
That sounds great, can't wait to get to a shop! Thanks for your time and replying so fast

Reaction score
This is the 3.5mm x 3.5mm TRS cable if this is what is required but do make sure you get the correct length.

Or if your PC has twin phono inputs for audio then a cable like this

Reaction score
This is the 3.5mm x 3.5mm TRS cable if this is what is required but do make sure you get the correct length.

Or if your PC has twin phono inputs for audio then a cable like this

Thanks very much for all your help. Really appreciate it.

Ask a Question