How to reset "program changes" Midi messages ?

Reaction score
Hi, some time ago I used the old "Cakewalk Pro Audio 9" and in these projects the "Program Change" function was used to change the patch / bank of the synthesizer for different sounds in the same track. But now I have a problem fixing this:
The sound changes constantly or is never the sound I want.
Now I have a DAW - "Magix Samplitude" and I can't reset this .
Does anyone know software that shows these saved "program change" settings and with which they can be reset ?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
If you're saying you think there are Program Change messages embedded within the MIDI files (which is normal for MIDI files) such that the sounds ("programs") are changing automatically while the file is being played in the DAW, check to see if the DAW has a "MIDI event list" display mode or track function.

If it doesn't, there are free MIDI editors that should be able to show you the MIDI events which are in the file. For instance, there's a free DAW for Windows called Anvil Studio that includes a MIDI event list display, as well as a program called SynthFont 1.

Reaction score
Hi, I figured out how to edit this in "Samplitude Pro X5". It may benefit someone else in the future. Or to look for something similar in the program he uses. in "Samplitude Pro X5": To edit or delete these - Prog Change; Volume; Pan or other values there. --- Double-click on the track and enter - Midi Editor. There are small icons on the top left of the window. On the left, the first or second opens a list on the left (rows of a list of MIDI events. There you can click on an entire row that is colored red and delete or click on the number of a parameter and enter another.

Attachments

• pic Track 1.png
    pic Track 1.png
    449.6 KB · Views: 40
  • pic Track 3.png
    pic Track 3.png
    439.4 KB · Views: 47

Ask a Question