How to set date stamp

Reaction score
Hi, I have a FP-30 for 2 years already I just found out that when I transfer a recording to USB, the date is always 1 Jan 2015.
How can I set the date on my FP-30?
Thanks.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I don't know about Roland keyboards, but the Yamaha models I'm familiar with seem to use whatever dates are hardcoded in their system ROMs, presumably reflecting when their operating systems were finalized. As far as I know, there's no way to change those dates and keep them auto-updated to reflect the current date and time. If you want your recordings to have current date and time stamps to help you keep better track of when you'd recorded them, you'll need to change the files' date and time stamps on a computer by opening the files in an appropriate program-- that is, a MIDI editor or audio editor-- and then save them again so the computer can stamp them with the current date and time.

Reaction score
if the keyboard has an onboard clock function then you should get a timestamp if 1) the software developer coded the load and save to read time and 2) uses that timestamp on the actual transfer send data on the file output. if neither 1) nor 2) were coded by the software nor if there were no clock data running on the operating system for the developer to read a time stamp, a default date is used. My gemini module has no internal clock so all files are dated 1/1/2000. my pc3 has a clock and actually timestamps correctly if the clock is running, meaning upon shutdown the clock will run off a CR2032 battery. if the battery dies then the keyboard upon powerup starts at 1/1/1980 and a time of 00:00. 4 hours later a time stamp would read 01/01/1980 and a time of 04:00. Upon shutdown it would revert back to 01/01/2000 and 00:00. as long as the battery has enough power to run the clock during shutdown the clock function produces accurate timestamps as well as accurate readout time on the display.

Reaction score
I don't know about Roland keyboards, but the Yamaha models I'm familiar with seem to use whatever dates are hardcoded in their system ROMs, presumably reflecting when their operating systems were finalized. As far as I know, there's no way to change those dates and keep them auto-updated to reflect the current date and time. If you want your recordings to have current date and time stamps to help you keep better track of when you'd recorded them, you'll need to change the files' date and time stamps on a computer by opening the files in an appropriate program-- that is, a MIDI editor or audio editor-- and then save them again so the computer can stamp them with the current date and time.
Yes, that is what I am doing now. I note the recirdings date manually and when transferring them to my laptop, I rename them by including the date.
Thank you for your response.

Reaction score
if the keyboard has an onboard clock function then you should get a timestamp if 1) the software developer coded the load and save to read time and 2) uses that timestamp on the actual transfer send data on the file output. if neither 1) nor 2) were coded by the software nor if there were no clock data running on the operating system for the developer to read a time stamp, a default date is used. My gemini module has no internal clock so all files are dated 1/1/2000. my pc3 has a clock and actually timestamps correctly if the clock is running, meaning upon shutdown the clock will run off a CR2032 battery. if the battery dies then the keyboard upon powerup starts at 1/1/1980 and a time of 00:00. 4 hours later a time stamp would read 01/01/1980 and a time of 04:00. Upon shutdown it would revert back to 01/01/2000 and 00:00. as long as the battery has enough power to run the clock during shutdown the clock function produces accurate timestamps as well as accurate readout time on the display.
Hi,
Looking at the fact that Rpland can assign a date on the midi file recorded, I assume it keeps a clock somewhere, and there should be a means to keep the clock up to date.
But the problem is : where is this CR2032 (if this is the right battery type) located?
What I can try is, but this will require me to keep my keyboard more than 24 hours on, to have it stay on more than that, just to know.
Thank you for the input..

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I do all my MIDI recording on a computer.

No problem keeping the dates straight :)

Gary ;)

Ask a Question