How to set up a sustain pedal?

Reaction score
I have had my Casio WK-3500 for several years, and have a sustain pedal attached to it. Today I decided to restore the machine to it's factory settings. This went well until I realized that the sustain pedal no longer performs its function. Depressing the pedal no longer has any effect. I am pretty sure the pedal is in working order, as I was using it earlier today. Is there some sort of configuration I need to run to get the pedal up and running again? Thank you!

Reaction score
First check your connection in the back - make sure it has not moved out of the slot etc. Then look at the name tag on the connection on the back of the keyboard. I believe it says something like sustain pedal/ assignable jack. If so, then by doing the factory reset it may have assigned that jack connection to something else like a soft pedal or start/stop pedal function. Just look up "OTHER SETTINGS" - Assignable Jack in your manual.

Hope that helps...............

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. I checked that the jack is assigned to the sustain peddle and it is. I guess this must be a hardware problem. Thank you for your help. Now I need to figure out if it's the pedal or the keyboard...

Reaction score
Bluenote, just a quick question - does the pedal have a switch on the base ( underneath it)? If it does just try it out. Also, it might be a good idead to try the pedal at the local music shop anyway.

Reaction score
Why would a Casio have factory settings?

My WK-1350 doesn't.

Bluenote has a higher end Casio which allows you to assign different devices on a connection. The normal or lower end keyboards don't always have that function. You pay more for the high end keyboard and you get more options to help you play better.;)

Ask a Question