How to split a yamaha style .sty file ?

Reaction score
First, hi all of you. This is my first message in this forum. I have a Yamaha DGX620 Keyboard and i would like to solve a problem.
I downloaded many .sty style files available on the web but unfortunately only the files with size less or equal to 30Kbyte are recognized by the keyboard. The other does not show at all in the on board display.

Investigating and analyzing further the style files i found that most of these bigger file contains 4 style section A B C D with other parts like Intro A, Intro B, and various bridge sections like Fill in A Fill in AB Fill in BC etc. Since my keyboard only manages two section A and B these style file are not usable.

So i am looking for some program that allow me to split a single big style file in two or more files each 30Kbyte max containing only two section. As an example a single file with section A B C D will become two separate file, the first with A B and the second C D.
This way I will be able to use partially every style file available on the web even if not built for my specific keyboard.

My question is ... Has someone already tried to do this ?
What program should i use to do this task.

Tnx in advance and greeting from Italy.
:) Fabio.

Reaction score
Style files

Hey U, Welcome to the forum.
Could you tell me the websites from where you have downloaded the styles?

Reaction score
Alex:

The CTK/WK-6XXX/7XXX keyboards accept CKF style files and automatically convert them to AC7 format as they load them. Earlier model Casio keyboards accept CKF files and convert them to their own format. So this should not be a problem, but style conversion is seldom a straight forward or easy process. Quite often, the converted style needs considerable fine tuning and tweaking. For one thing, styles call up their instrument tones by tone number, and Casio tone numbers do not match up with Yamaha tone numbers, so converted styles need complete revoicing to sound correct. Again, this is not a simple in/out process. To date, no one offers a Yamaha-to-Casio converter that does all this automatically.

I do not convert styles, nor do I use converted styles. I have not been an active part of the thread to which I referred you. I was just aware that it existed. If you need further information, I suggest you establish contact with the active participants of that thread. They will be able to help you with this much more than I can. The host forum for that thread can be found here:

http://www.casiomusicforums.com/

Good luck !

Last edited:

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
See the replies in the separate thread you started:

Ask a Question