How to stop ACMP for 1 bar

Reaction score
How can I stop playing accompaniment for 1 bar on SX700? Break button inserts special break phrase into accompaniment, but sometimes I need to stop accompaniment fully and begin again automatically when next bar starts. How to do that?

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
This the method I use.
The chords stop but the beats continue and you can play melody with right hand simultaneously.
Play with left hand C#1 B1, C2
Pinky on C# . . Span hand over the octave so that the thumb plays the B and C together
It is easy and will come natural like all other chords.
Cheers Ray

Reaction score
Thank you, Rayblewit, for your trick with secret key combination. It is more comfortable than hint I read on some German forum - pressing StopACMP button twice. Do you know more such useful key combinations?

Reaction score
On p. 12 of Reference Manual I found another good option - Synchro Stop Window:
„When the [SYNC STOP] button is turned on and this is set to a value other than “Off,”
the Synchro Stop function is automatically cancelled if you hold a chord for longer than the time set
here. This conveniently resets Style playback control to normal, letting you release the keys and
still have the Style play. In other words, if you release the keys more quickly than the time set here,
the Synchro Stop function works.“
So if you set it to 1/8 or 1/16, when tapping any key, the whole accompaniment including drums
and percussion stops until you play another chord.

Ask a Question