How to Sustain Notes with Pedal on Roland DP603

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm trying to compose songs where notes are more sustained, and I'm doing that by holding down the rightmost sustain pedal. Unfortunately, for some songs this creates a "muddy" sound, since some notes don't fade off quickly enough. Are there settings that I can use on the keyboard so that notes die off more quickly while still being somewhat sustained?

I've received advice about pumping the pedal to give previous notes a chance to fade off more quickly, but I'm curious if there are settings I can use so that I can just consistently hold down the pedal. Thanks.

Reaction score
Its time to look at the Manual to see what adjustments can be made.

The image is a typical note profile and on many keyboards each element can be adjusted within the menu system.

52272A3E-9146-4B03-939C-136F390B0D59.jpeg

Reaction score
It looks like you cannot make the adjustments as such to the sound envelope.

You could try using the piano designer on page 15 to adjust some of the parameters to make the sound less “muddy” as you describe it.

Reaction score
It's worth a shot, do you think any of the settings in particular would help more?

Reaction score
Hello! Do you use any DAW to compose your music?
Sorry I missed this comment, I currently just record with Audacity, so technically yes, but there's probably a more substantial/useful DAW I could use.

Reaction score
I think it will be more easy to answer your question if you attach the example of your playing (not long - about several measures) to hear your problem.
And.. when you play not Concert Piano, but for example E-piano - do you have the same problem?

Ask a Question