How to use "Audio in" feature

Reaction score
Hi all,
Greetings.
I have this new keyboard. Casio CTK 7300IN.
I need to play an external source sound into the keyboard. example music from my computer into my keyboard
It has the following ports.
Mic In (Record)
Audio IN
Inst In (Record)

I think Audio in the right port. I have male to male 3.5 mm stereo cable. I connected the keyboard to the pc. The pc plays the sound but the keyboard does not output the sound through its own speakers.

tried changing the source of the sound .Next i used My phone. Played a song and tried to hear it in the keyboard. Still no success.

The manual says . I can connect any external source to audio in port.

Thats all.

i dont know if there is any setting to be done . Tried whatever i could . i cant hear it playing .

Please help.

Similar issue is with mic.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I've no experience with the CTK-7300IN or similar models, so the following is based solely on the information in the User's Guide.

First, choose the correct jack based on the type of input signal and whether or not you want to apply effects to it, then make sure to use the correct type of plug based on the chosen jack:

AUDIO IN -- I think this should be usable for any stereo audio source that has its own volume control. The plug that goes into the AUDIO IN jack should be a mini (1/8") stereo (TRS, or Tip-Ring-Sleeve) audio plug. You cannot apply the keyboard's effects (Reverb and Chorus, or Reverb and DSP) to this signal. Use the volume control on the audio device, as well as the volume knob on the keyboard, to adjust the volume.

INST IN -- I think this should be usable for any mono audio source that has its own volume control. The plug that goes into the INST IN jack should be a standard (1/4") mono (TS, or Tip-Sleeve) audio plug. If desired, you can apply the keyboard's effects to this signal. Use the volume control on the audio device, as well as the volume knob on the keyboard, to adjust the volume. You should also use the keyboard's Mixer functions to make sure this signal is going to the speakers.

MIC IN -- You can use this for a dynamic microphone. The plug that goes into the MIC IN jack should be a standard (1/4") mono (TS, or Tip-Sleeve) audio plug. If desired, you can apply the keyboard's effects to this signal. Use the MIC VOLUME knob that's next to the MIC IN jack, as well as the volume knob on the keyboard, to adjust the volume. You should also use the keyboard's Mixer functions to make sure this signal is going to the speakers.

See page E-12, as well as pages E-29 through E-43, for detailed information.

Ask a Question