how to use function

Reaction score
Hi, am new to this thread. kno a bit about mixing, guitar stuff, midi n PC music n stuff...Picked up a Casio CT-400 for £10..getting an adaptor sorted. all functions work but I'm struggling with one.....Chord Memory, n how to use it! silly question but how does this work? see I press the record button, the flashing metronome starts, n alters n tempo if I hit the tempo buttons..then I play in some chords. can't get them to play back when I hit the play button situated next to the record button on the chord memory section...what am I doing wrong...please help as this will really bring this keyboard to life for what I want to use it for......thanks
Damien

Reaction score
The Chord Memory of the CT-400 makes it possible to store up to 100 chords of an accompaniment pattern into memory. You have to play the cords on the left 1,5 oktves of the keyboard and when playing back the cords you can plan on the right 2,5 cords a melody.
The cords have to be played only in the standard mode (means the fingered mode - not one-finger mode).

Method:

1. Slide the MODE selector to PLAY
2. Select an auto-rhythm
3. Press the START/STOP button
Once the rhythm starts to sound, adjust the tempo using the TEMPO buttons.
After you adjust the tempo, press the START/STOP button again to stop the rhythm.
4. Press the RECORD button.
The TEMPO indicator begins to flash, indicating that the Synchro Start function is standing by.
5. Play the first chord on the accompaniment keyboard using "standard fingering", and the chord accompanogment starts to play automatically. Recording also starts at this point. Continue to play the chords you want in the accompaniment keyboard.
6. After you play your last chord, press START/STOP button to stop.

Notes:
The rhythm setting and tempo setting are not stored in memory. When you playback from the CHORD MEMORY, the current rhythm and tempo are applied.
If memory becomes full while you are recording, it stops automatically.

To play back from Chord Memory
1. Slide the MODE selecor to PLAY.
2. Set the tempo and select rhythm for playback.
3. Press the PLAY button to start playback of Chord Memory contents.

Notes:
Playback stops automatically when the end of the chords stored in memory is reached. If you want to stop playback part way through, press the START/STOP button.
When playing back frim Chord Memory, you can use the upper 2,5 octaves(F#3 - C6) of the keyboard keys to play melodies.

Link for the manual:
http://generror.wordpress.com/2010/07/04/casio-keyboard-manuals/

Reaction score
The Chord Memory of the CT-400 makes it possible to store up to 100 chords of an accompaniment pattern into memory. You have to play the cords on the left 1,5 oktves of the keyboard and when playing back the cords you can plan on the right 2,5 cords a melody.
The cords have to be played only in the standard mode (means the fingered mode - not one-finger mode).

Method:

1. Slide the MODE selector to PLAY
2. Select an auto-rhythm
3. Press the START/STOP button
Once the rhythm starts to sound, adjust the tempo using the TEMPO buttons.
After you adjust the tempo, press the START/STOP button again to stop the rhythm.
4. Press the RECORD button.
The TEMPO indicator begins to flash, indicating that the Synchro Start function is standing by.
5. Play the first chord on the accompaniment keyboard using "standard fingering", and the chord accompanogment starts to play automatically. Recording also starts at this point. Continue to play the chords you want in the accompaniment keyboard.
6. After you play your last chord, press START/STOP button to stop.

Notes:
The rhythm setting and tempo setting are not stored in memory. When you playback from the CHORD MEMORY, the current rhythm and tempo are applied.
If memory becomes full while you are recording, it stops automatically.

To play back from Chord Memory
1. Slide the MODE selecor to PLAY.
2. Set the tempo and select rhythm for playback.
3. Press the PLAY button to start playback of Chord Memory contents.

Notes:
Playback stops automatically when the end of the chords stored in memory is reached. If you want to stop playback part way through, press the START/STOP button.
When playing back frim Chord Memory, you can use the upper 2,5 octaves(F#3 - C6) of the keyboard keys to play melodies.

Link for the manual:
http://generror.wordpress.com/2010/07/04/casio-keyboard-manuals/

Reaction score
Goldi5210....thankyou so much! iI'd half figured it was something to do with the synchro staert n just today looked into trying the 'fingered' stuff..but wow..wot a helpful answer. Hehe..wann use it mainly to record chord sequences, put a beat along to that n jam ma guitar over the top..as well as having a sweet piano sound to play around with lol. Thanks again..I'll try your instructions which i've copied n pasted. nice1! Bassboy

Ask a Question