how to write STYLE

Reaction score
when i register voice and style in bank 1 in register 1, then in bank 1 in register 2, then in bank 1 in register 3,
now, when i go back to bank 1 in register 1, i find that the style of register 3 is only written....
can someone suggest for this?

Fred Coulter

Collector of ancient keyboards
Reaction score
I'm going to hit the report button. When the Administrator takes a look, I hope they can move this entire thread to the Yamaha list.

I can't help you with the i455. Sorry.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I've moved the thread to the Yamaha subforum, as Fred suggested. :)

There are two possibilities that come to mind:

(1) When you are saving the registrations, you need to be sure that the STYLE button is active (lit up) so all of the style-related settings will be saved. (Alternatively, if you want to save the pattern-related or song-related settings rather than the style-related settings, be sure the PATTERN or SONG button is active when saving registrations.)

(2) If I'm not mistaken, you also need to have the STYLE button selected when recalling the registrations-- or, at the very least, don't have the SONG or PATTERN button selected (but the VOICE button might be okay)-- otherwise I don't think the style-related settings will be restored. Of course, you need to have saved the style-related settings, since you can't recall any settings that you didn't save-- for instance, you can't save song-related settings to a registration, then expect to recall style-related settings with that registration.

Ask a Question