How use CTK 6000 only as a Midi Piano

Reaction score
hello people! Maybe you can help me.

I have a Casio CTK 6000 and I want to block its local functions (not just mute the sound) and use it only as a midi piano. For example, when press Bank 1 in Casio I do not want to activate an accompaniment but to choose a track 1 in a Pc software like FL Studio.

Well, I really dont know how to active some "midi mode" ...

Thanks a lot in advance

P.S.: I've already read the manual and did a search here and Google

Reaction score
Hej, hej xiant,

set within the function menue the Local Control off (page E-99 of the manual).

Nice sunday

Reaction score
I've already tried to Turn off Local control and It only mute the internal sound but not stop the functions..

For ex. when I press the "play" I can see on the Casio's screen how is playing a melody but it does not sound. I will not want to that happen.

It must be a way to active some "midi mode".

Any other idea ?

Again, thanks in advance.

PS: sorry about my English

The Y_man

Reaction score
I don't think you can soft assign the Program change on the keyboard itself - you'd have to tell the receiving software to capture and interpret the messages at a guess....

The Y-man

Reaction score
Hej, hej xiant,

you wrote that you are using FL-Studio, so I think you first should look at some videos which show something about the midi parameters :

Fl Studio Tutorial - Connecting a MIDI Keyboard

fruity loops - midi tutorial

One of the best is in german language, but I'm afraid you cannot speak german; but perhaps the pictures may help you:

If this not helps try to find other videos with FL Software - there are whole series in Youtube - about this.

Best wishes
goldi5210

Reaction score
Hi again,

It seems it's not possible to disable functions but only mute the sound. .... :(

I could play and record using FL Studio or other programs but I wanted to add some staff like changing track or effect using some Casio's keys. I also can do it but like I said before I dont want the Casio to do other thing at the same time (for ex. to play accompaniment, or metronome. Despite I do not hear it I know its working.)

Thanks for replies

Reaction score
Hi again,

It seems it's not possible to disable functions but only mute the sound. .... :(

I could play and record using FL Studio or other programs but I wanted to add some staff like changing track or effect using some Casio's keys. I also can do it but like I said before I dont want the Casio to do other thing at the same time (for ex. to play accompaniment, or metronome. Despite I do not hear it I know its working.)

Hej, hej xiant,

I think what you need is a midi controller like this:

http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&h...w=1198&h=799&ei=CI9MT--FHabP4QTBx7zFAg&zoom=1

Best wishes

goldi5210

Ask a Question