Howdy from Texas

LuR

Reaction score
Greetings from another newb that has resurrected old piano skills after a 35+ year break to become a keyboard player. I'm currently playing in a classic rock (60s-80s rock) and country cover band in the DFW, TX area, using a Studiologic Numa Compact 2X as my only board. I've also used MainStage hooked up to a couple controllers but decided early on that was too much to hardware to mess with, though honestly I'm again looking for a way to go back to using a controller on my 2nd tier as I'm missing some parts of songs due to lack of keys, or available spilts. I guess I'm one of those players that wants to be able to do it all though I know perfectly well that my brain can't keep up with that many parts and sing at the same time. Still got a lot to learn about midi, synth sounds... well, anything not piano. This is a great resource! Glad to be here!!

Reaction score
Greetings from another newb that has resurrected old piano skills after a 35+ year break to become a keyboard player. I'm currently playing in a classic rock (60s-80s rock) and country cover band in the DFW, TX area, using a Studiologic Numa Compact 2X as my only board. I've also used MainStage hooked up to a couple controllers but decided early on that was too much to hardware to mess with, though honestly I'm again looking for a way to go back to using a controller on my 2nd tier as I'm missing some parts of songs due to lack of keys, or available spilts. I guess I'm one of those players that wants to be able to do it all though I know perfectly well that my brain can't keep up with that many parts and sing at the same time. Still got a lot to learn about midi, synth sounds... well, anything not piano. This is a great resource! Glad to be here!!
Welcome!. Is interesting that you joined a band... I have done the same but with a big difference: I am just 4 years into playing, from zero previous experience. It is being somewhat hard for me but very entertaining!

Ask a Question