how's the sound generated in workstation

Reaction score
Hi, I'm kinda noob when talking about how the electronic keys work, but I spent this day searching the web for the answers to my questions - I was half-succesful. My question is that for example Korg Pa series are arrangers with speakers, and Korg tr-61 is a workstation with sound module, sequencer and keyboard - and this sound module must be connected to amplifier in order to actually hear the sound? or how does it work? sorry for the stupid question, thanks for answers

kopec

Reaction score
Either an amp or headphones, yes. Most, if not all, workstations have a 1/4" output for headphones (instead of the 1/8" output you'll find on MP3 players, which is half the size). You can easily get an adapter for 1/8" headphones so they'll fit a 1/4" jack.

Reaction score
Either an amp or headphones, yes. Most, if not all, workstations have a 1/4" output for headphones (instead of the 1/8" output you'll find on MP3 players, which is half the size). You can easily get an adapter for 1/8" headphones so they'll fit a 1/4" jack.

Thanks for the asnwer - so it means when I'm thinking of buying workstation and I want to play it out loud(not just through headphones), i have to buy amp as well?

Reaction score
Yes. If you bought an arranger keyboard, you'd want an amp anyway to play with a band. Arrangers have speakers because they're designed for someone working with music all day as a composer as well as a player (doing TV commercials, etc.), so you wouldn't want headphones on constantly for that. The speakers aren't going to be good enough for others in a band to hear you, and they might not be good enough for you to hear yourself, depending on the quality of the arranger keyboard.

Reaction score
Yes. If you bought an arranger keyboard, you'd want an amp anyway to play with a band. Arrangers have speakers because they're designed for someone working with music all day as a composer as well as a player (doing TV commercials, etc.), so you wouldn't want headphones on constantly for that. The speakers aren't going to be good enough for others in a band to hear you, and they might not be good enough for you to hear yourself, depending on the quality of the arranger keyboard.

thanks a lot, kanthos! great help

Reaction score
Every good PC speaker system will work great too.

i have these (Logitech x230) which i use with my stage piano (Yamaha CP33)
and the sound is just amazing

X230al.jpg

Ask a Question