I can't install Yamaha USB-MIDI Driver V3.1.4 for Win 10/8.1/8/7 64 bit

Reaction score
Hey guys, could anyone help me...
I'm desperately confused how to connect my yamaha PSR-3000 keyboard to my ASUS PC 64-bit Windows 10.

I already put my midi cable from my keyboard to my PC and it already showed red and green indicator so I think it's already connected.

Then I downloaded the Yamaha USB-MIDI Driver V3.1.4 for Win 10/8.1/8/7 64 bit, but it always turned out like this. Error 25001.

Could anyone help me? I really want to do digital recording and connect it to PC.
Thank you so much.

Attachments

• IMG_20201010_120135.jpg
    IMG_20201010_120135.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 333
  • IMG_20201010_120118.jpg
    IMG_20201010_120118.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 232

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Hi @2ndpeaches
The timing of your message indicates to me that you are in a similar time zone to me . . Aussie!
I am of no use . . technically!
There are some clever dudes on this forum from UK and USA and Canada etc . .
They are all sleeping (bless 'em . . keys 'n all! :) ) I would suggest you log in again in 12 hrs time and you will see some good advice or suggestions from the clan.

Welcome to the forums . . btw.

Ray

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Are you connecting a USB cable between the keyboard's USB TO HOST port and one of the USB ports on the PC?

Or are you connecting a MIDI-to-USB interface cable between the keyboard's MIDI IN/OUT ports and one of the USB ports on the PC?

If you're using a straight USB connection, then the Yamaha USB-MIDI driver should work as long as you're trying to install the latest version for your PC's operating system.

But if you're using a MIDI-to-USB connection, then the Yamaha USB-MIDI driver will only recognize the connection if you're using Yamaha's MIDI-to-USB interface cable (i.e., the UX16). However, you probably won't need to use a driver at all in that case, although if it's one of those inexpensive USB-MIDI interface cables that flood the online marketplaces then the interface itself may have issues that prevent it from working successfully with your Yamaha keyboard.

Please advise us as to the specific type of connection you're trying to use so we can try to help with that method.

Ask a Question