I just "re-bought" my old PC3x! ISO sounds, advice, etc.

Reaction score
I bought a new PC3x when it first came out, played it for years, sold it a long time ago when I needed space and money.

I am back in the market for a new keyboard and posted on a local forum that I missed my PC3x. It turns out that it had just--literally yesterday!!--been consigned to a local music store, in it's original Gator case that I bought. $200 cash and I own it again :)

It's been years since I used it. Does anyone have any sources for sounds / Kore64 / etc?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Kore 64 can be bought here.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Thanks, folks. Now I need a stand, a double pedal, and perhaps some new phones, mine are getting a bit long in the tooth...

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Enjoy your lost love :D

$200 with a gator case is a hell of a price.

What's the condition?

Gary ;)

Reaction score
It's clearly been dropped or otherwise beat on a bit (my poor keyboard!):

1. all of the drawbar sliders are bent in the same direction, though they work;
  2. a couple of the drawbar switches don't have fully working LEDs;
  3. the right end cap has been installed wrong so the tab is on the outside of the case, with the screw loose.

Word is that some of the outputs may be a bit hissy though that's an issue for some contact cleaner, and the phone jack tested fine so I can always go through that if need be.

I haven't tested aftertouch yet.

By and large it's working though. And I'll only be using it in a home studio so it should go another decade with ease; if I need to gig again I'll probably try out an SP6 because I am getting a bit old to drag 55 pound plus case everywhere i go.

But yup: It was well worth $200 even if all I do is use it as an EP rig, I love that keybed feel for Rhodes and Wurlitzer.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I think expecting to get another decade out of it without servicing a bit optimistic. :)

All the same. Enjoy it while it lasts. :D

Gary ;)

Ask a Question