I know nothing of this...

Reaction score
I am an older bass player. I have aquired a Keith McMillen 12 step midi interface. I term a bass player can understand.....is there a unit/device other than a full keyboard or laptop where I can access sounds? Piano, strings, just the basic. I can program the 12 step for notes or chords.
Thank you

Reaction score
Welcome

It does not have Sounds inbuilt as such

You would need an arranger or workstation keyboard to which the K McM unit would be connected and setup via MIDI such that whilst you are playing the keyboard you can play Bass notes or chords via the K McM unit.

This review will give a better idea of the unit

Reaction score
Thanks. I understand the function of the K McM, it is the keyboard side I am clueless on. Would something like a Korg Karma work? He wants 350, or is there a better choice?
Thanks again

Reaction score
Thanks. I understand the function of the K McM, it is the keyboard side I am clueless on. Would something like a Korg Karma work? He wants 350, or is there a better choice?
Thanks again
The Karma was released in 2001, it is part of the Triton family but it is limited in features and has only a 61 note polyphony so I would avoid it.

A Korg Kross 2 or Roland Juno DS would be a better choice of an affordable more modern design keyboard

350 would buy you a new MIDI keyboard controller but then you may have the MIDI learning curve to deal with and the latency of your laptop, not to mention learning to use a DAW and VST’s

Reaction score
I would like to avoid using a laptop. A basic model with preset sounds or even a module like a roland u100.

Reaction score
The video that I linked shows how to use an iPad with the K McM.

This will be the most simplest way of using the unit.

The Roland u100 is a rack module, how would you expect to access the sounds in that unit?

Reaction score
The video that I linked shows how to use an iPad with the K McM.

This will be the most simplest way of using the unit.

The Roland u100 is a rack module, how would you expect to access the sounds in that unit?
As I have seen done, K McM conncted to midi in. U100 outputs to mixing board. Think I will get a Roland JV 1010. Has all the sounds I need and is compact.

Ask a Question