I made a cover

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

So I've kinda got this thing going where I cover my favorite songs and do the full process myself: Recording, editing, mixing, filming, video editing and so on.... I just finished my most ambitious cover yet (I even went outdoors for this one :O), so I wanted to share it with you guys :)

I do realize that this is barely keyboard-related, and not really "My Music", but I wanted to share it, so here it is :)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Nicely played. But as for the vocals? Don't give up your day job :D

I realize everyone thinks they sound good in the shower but when it comes to vocals, even metal screamy weamy stuff like this, it helps to get some vocal coaching or pile on the effects boxes.

I know for a fact I sound like a rusty gate but I'm willing to work with autotune and vocoders once in a while.

If you recorded the vocals on a separate track, maybe try running them thru some reverb or chorus or vocal processors to try and take some of the edge off.

Otherwise, it's an impressive piece of work.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Very well done, not my style of music but good job. Agree about the vocals, not so much the pitch but the lack of effects and processing.

Reaction score
Nicely played. But as for the vocals? Don't give up your day job :D

Haha yeah I know ^^ I've been seeing some vocal coaches, and I've improved a lot compared to a few years back, but I've still got a long way to go :) And regarding autotune, I'm using what tools I have :)

Also taking notes about the effects and processing part! I'm not the best mixer yet, still learning! :)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Musically this was classy and some impressive riffs.

Vocally. . errr . .. Well:cool: . . Very punkish!
Maybe it has some potential considering sid vicious couldn't sing and he became famous.

To be honest there are many famous singers who cannot sing.
Syd Vicious
Bob Dylan
Leonard Cohen
Britany Spears
Katty Perry

Just IMO

Reaction score
Musically this was classy and some impressive riffs.

Vocally. . errr . .. Well:cool: . . Very punkish!
Maybe it has some potential considering sid vicious couldn't sing and he became famous.

To be honest there are many famous singers who cannot sing.
Syd Vicious
Bob Dylan
Leonard Cohen
Britany Spears
Katty Perry

Just IMO

Well, I'm a firm believer in that everyone can learn, and that the only time you're guaranteed to fail is when you stop trying ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Personally I already own a TC Helicon Voicetone Synth but I'd love to be able to pick up one of these Singtrix gadgets.

Unfortunately they only sell them as a bundle with a Mic and Karaoke Amplifier.

That's an unnecessary duplication of equipment I already own, but this thing really is one of the simplest and slickest vocal processors I've ever seen.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Good work! I'm not familiar with the original, so I just had a listen via YouTube and I have to say that you've done a great job :) I would tend to agree that the vocals need some work, but they are promising.

Reaction score
Personally I already own a TC Helicon Voicetone Synth but I'd love to be able to pick up one of these Singtrix gadgets.

Unfortunately they only sell them as a bundle with a Mic and Karaoke Amplifier.

That's an unnecessary duplication of equipment I already own, but this thing really is one of the simplest and slickest vocal processors I've ever seen.

Gary ;)

That's definitely some pretty neat Karaoke gear :) But technically I've got the same tools and effects inside my DAW (Cubase), I just gotta learn to use them better ;)

Good work! I'm not familiar with the original, so I just had a listen via YouTube and I have to say that you've done a great job :) I would tend to agree that the vocals need some work, but they are promising.

Thanks! :)

Reaction score
Cheers! Thanks for the feedback everyone!
I've taken some steps to improve my vocals (established a daily practice routine) and getting familiar with Melodyne for some vocal tuning :)

Still trying to nail the balance on the processing. Sometimes in the past I've done too much, sometimes too little, just gotta keep doing it until I find the sweet spot :)

Ask a Question