I made a song using only the notes of the C major Chord

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I made a new unique recording which I would love for you guys to hear. You can hear it
It was made using only the notes of the C major chord. Have you guys ever tried anything like that? Let me know what you think.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
It sounds quite refreshing. Your playing of it is refreshing and pleasant.
Usually tunes in the key of C sound more exciting when flats or sharps are added in. But in your case just nice.:)

Reaction score
notes in a sequence defines a melody...and that it is...simple or complex...it is still music...did you know that the great entertainer-musician-songwriter STEVE ALLEN only played his songs or any songs for that matter in the Key of C...his wife Jayne Meadows revealed that on a TV show some years back...imagine that...ONLY in the Key of C...it is still valid and does not take away from its greatness.

Reaction score
notes in a sequence defines a melody...and that it is...simple or complex...it is still music...did you know that the great entertainer-musician-songwriter STEVE ALLEN only played his songs or any songs for that matter in the Key of C...his wife Jayne Meadows revealed that on a TV show some years back...imagine that...ONLY in the Key of C...it is still valid and does not take away from its greatness.
I'm still not convinced that key matters except for pitch.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
STEVE ALLEN only played his songs or any songs for that matter in the Key of C..
One of my favourite tunes and I love playing it is "Picnic" written by steve allen.

How's this version by Terry Snyder?
Absolute WOW factor if you ask me!
Make sure you have left and right speakers or head phones because the channel separation is phenomenal.

Wow! Says ray!

Reaction score
I love that song (Theme From Picnic) as a kid I saw that film and both the film and the music (Moonglow) have stayed in my subconscious)...key is relative to the human voice...any great piece of music can be played in any key.

Reaction score
edit: Wait, I said that wrong. Maybe I should shut up until I wake up and have my coffee :D. No, I'm still a little convinced that key matters or gives a whole different universe of sound but formally speaking I admit it's probably an illusion or an out of tune piano. Just not as convinced as I used to be.
But now pitch and wavelength definitely does have something to do with the tuning, transmission, reception of our brain or spirit wavelengths, or "spiritual" communication. I used to think of it like spiritual radio stations :D. But, I also believe that this type of "tuning" is a lot more than music key.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes, I agree Key tonality alters the MOOD of a song...for sure...but the execution of the melody...the interval spacing (regardless of key) still "plays" the song. But yes...mood is altered by key changes for certain.

Ask a Question