I need a keyboard.

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm new to these forums, so I hope to meet a lot of people who share my passion for keyboards here, but that's not what this topic is about.

I'm having trouble deciding on a keyboard to purchase. I'm sixteen years old, going on seventeen soon, so I don't have a huge budget, but I'm willing to save up (the most I can spend right now is around $1,000 USD to $1,500 USD, but it all depends on how long I wait, I'd like a good keyboard). I've been making music with keyboards for a long time now, and I really need an upgrade for myself.

My current keyboard is complete garbage: a Yamaha PSR293 (not to insult Yamaha, but it's a cheap model). It's a lot better than what I used to have, but it's made for beginners. It's way too unprofessional to meet my needs now, and I haven't really been using it much.

I'm mostly into electronica/dance music,trance,techno, etc. I use FL 8 pro for compositions, and producing music, so I would like something that is compatible with a computer running Windows XP. If not, at least something good for playing on.

I'm not really very knowledgeable of which keyboards would work with a computer, so some help on that would be great.

I've been looking at the Moog Voyager, but it's very pricy to me (it's around $2,000 USD from what I've heard and seen), but it looks like a great keyboard.

I would really like something that is decent for playing live, and that seems like a good choice, but having it compatible with my computer is probably a higher priority for me.

I was looking at the Korg - MS2000 earlier, and it looks like a fairly cheap, and functional keyboard (from what I've seen around $700 USD) but I'm not very sure if it would be right for me.

Anyways, I'm wondering, does anyone have suggestions about what I should get for a first, decent keyboard?

I apologize for the lack of research I've done on my choices, but I've been pretty busy lately, so any help at all would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Ask a Question