i need to delete yamaha rythm amd voice of A1000

Reaction score
Hi sir
I need to delete some voices a d styles from yamah a 1000 how to do it sir i have downloaded some styles and i copied some to user but it goes ful and i need to copy more from floppy or user to a 1000 keyboard its all arabic i dont need it
Iwant for church use only
[email address removed by admin]
Plz send me the link

Last edited by a moderator:

Fred Coulter

Collector of ancient keyboards
Reaction score
Are the styles you want to delete the built in styles or are they styles that have been added to the keyboard? If the styles are the built in ones, they can't be removed. On the other hand, they also don't need to be deleted to use the keyboard. Many keyboards have built in sounds and styles that no one with an ear would ever want to use. And they don't. Just because the keyboard comes with 190 styles (of which 123 are oriental) doesn't mean that most players use all 190 styles. Generally they'll stick with the styles that fit their music, and the rest are just ignored. The A series keyboards are usually aimed at a more international audience, so the variety of styles is usually greater than the bread and butter styles of keyboards aimed at the American audience.

This doesn't mean you can't add more styles to the keyboard. Yamaha will be happy to sell you some new styless (https://www.yamahamusicsoft.com/), or you can get free sounds from the nice people at psrtutorial.com.

Reaction score
Hi sir
I already download some styles amd voice but i just need to knw how much of styles i can save in user from floppy

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Just to clarify, you're asking about the PSR-A1000, not the PSR-1000, correct?

I'll check the manual and see what your options are.

Did you load the files from a floppy disk, or did you transfer them into the keyboard using the Yamaha Musicsoft Downloader?

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
What is the exact message that you're getting, and what exactly are you doing when it occurs? You say "full," but what is full? Are you trying to load a song or style into the keyboard's memory, or are you trying to save to a floppy disk?

If you are trying to load a song or style into the keyboard but a message says that the memory is full, you might be trying to load too much data into the keyboard's memory. The PSR-A1000 is from 2002 and has only 260 kilobytes of internal RAM for loading songs and styles, which is not much by today's standards. Note that if you're trying to delete the built-in songs and styles to try to free up memory, there's no way to delete them because they're stored in ROM, not RAM, so they don't affect how much RAM is available, anyway. Today, song files and style files tend to be much larger than they were in 2002 because today's keyboard's have a lot more internal RAM for loading songs and styles. If you're trying to load files that are too large for the keyboard to handle, you may be able to reduce the size of the files by removing any unusable data from them. How large are the files?

Reaction score
Thank you
So much sir for your regards.actually i have psr A-1000 and i converted into usb system.but usb needs crescendo software to support that floppy.i tried some styles to copy from floppy to user it went only 4-5 styles,and in another hand i tried to copy some voice from floppy to user it went 8-10 voice so i just want to ask can i free some more memory from user for style.

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
I'm not sure how many files can be loaded to the "USER drive," as I assume it will depend on how large each one is, but even on the newer models that have a lot more memory I've seen seasoned owners of those models recommend that you not put style files and song files there due to the small amount of memory.

What they recommend is that you leave the style files and song files on your USB flash drive and play them from there-- you should be able to select them from there as though they were stored in the "USER drive" memory area.

If you have a USB floppy drive emulator installed then, as I understand it, the USB flash drive is divided up into the equivalent of 100 floppy disks, or something like that, so when you're navigating the PSR-A1000's menu system to select the voice, style, or song that you want to use, you would presumably need to choose the tab for the "FLOPPY DISK" so you can load and play the file from there.

If for some reason you need to delete files from the "USER drive" memory area, I think you can do that from the menu system-- see page 40 of the manual.

Keep in mind that I have no personal experience with the PSR-A1000, so all I can do is look at the manual to see what it says. I do not even have any experience with other Yamaha models that have similar menu systems, as the PSR-E models which I own have extremely simplistic menus and functions compared to other models.

I would recommend that you first try to play a song or style directly from the floppy drive emulator, to see if that works. Let me know how that goes.

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
Alex, if you're using the USB floppy drive emulator, which (if I understand correctly) needs to have the USB flash drive formatted as though it were 100 floppy disks, and if you need to have all of your styles or song files for a particular performance in a single folder for convenience, but they're all scattered in different folders or even on multiple USB flash drives, what you could do is reserve one folder for performance usage and copy whatever styles or songs you need for a given performance into that folder so they're all in one place. I hope you follow what I mean-- leave the original files in their normal folders, but copy the desired ones into the temporary or working folder for that day's performance. Afterward you can clear out the temporary folder (as long as permanent copies of the files are saved elsewhere) so it will be ready to set up for your next performance. That way you don't need to worry about changing "floppy disks" during a performance.

Ask a Question