I received one of these from Amazon today...

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
https://www.amazon.ca/Andoer®-Melodica-Instrument-Beginners-Carrying/dp/B01CCRWF24/

51PJchSbmKL._SL1000_.jpg

Just in case I ever need to break my lease :D :D :D

Gary ;)

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
How come yours doesn't have as many octaves as theirs? I only buy melodicas with a minimum of 61 notes-- 88 preferred, or 76 if the 88-note model is too costly, and 61 for those times when I just don't have enough room in my lap for a 76- or 88-note model. :) Also, the 61-note model weighs a bit less, making it easier to cart around to gigs-- although the 88-note model is better for those crowd-pleasing 3 Stooges moments when you turn to look at the drummer and accidentally whack the bass player in the head. :D

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
This is Canada. 88 key melodicas were outlawed after the great decapitation concert of 06....

Besides. 32 keys is more than enough to break a lease.

And a 37 key melodica is technically an accordion at that point.

:D :D :D

Gary ;)

Reaction score
the 88-note model is better for those crowd-pleasing 3 Stooges moments when you turn to look at the drummer and accidentally whack the bass player in the head
You gave me a genuine laugh out loud moment there, Michael.

Great memories - I had a Hohner melodica when I was a kid. Don't know where it is now, probably thrown out by someone who had perfectly functioning hearing and wanted to keep it that way.

I want it back!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Cowboy >>> They're cheap. Why not buy a new one?

Fishman >>> That's exactly what I got it for. The only nuisance is that you can't drink a soft drink or munch on chips while you're doodling. Then again it's a great incentive to brush your teeth whenever you feel like blasting a tune, :)

Gary ;)

Reaction score
At that price, looks like a delayed gratification toy I can buy down the road when I get caught up on real business. I can just see trying to call the fish with it on the kayak, I'll try anything new to catch more fish -

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
It'll probably scare the hell out of the fish. :D :D :D

BUT!

Around the campfire after you call it a day on the lake, you can play it to your heart's content without ever needing to replace a battery.

Also a great workout for the lungs. :)

Mine came wth a nice zippered nylon carrying bag and a short mouthpiece and a second mouthpiece attached to a hose for either playing position.

It's also a nice item to take to the park or on road trips or flights since it's compact, works anywhere and it won't make you cry if TSA destroys it or you lose it on the road.

Basically it's a harmonica for keyboard players. And have you priced a decent Hohner Harmonica these days? This thing sells for about half the price of a basic harmonica and it can play in any key, not just the one it's been tuned to.

Believe me, you'll be the hit of the Thraaxorian Ball with one of these suckers in your kit :D

Gary ;)

Reaction score
my cat would have a heart attack. It takes him a long time to adjust to even the simplest things I may be carrying :)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Happy Birthday Paul!!!

Tell us how much it sucks to have a birthday 6 days before xmas. :D

How often do you end up getting combined birthday/xmas gifts? :(

All the best. Now when you hear 8 tiny reindeer on the roof you can scare the bejeezus out of them with your melodica :D :D :D

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Happy Birthday Paul!!!

Tell us how much it sucks to have a birthday 6 days before xmas.

Thanks very much Gary!

Actually it's not too bad - it's kind of like having two Christmases a week apart.

My wife's birthday is on Dec 28th and I can tell you that combining birthday and Christmas gifts for her would require extreme bravery or incredible foolishness. Therefore she acts as my personal guardian in this regard and luckily it's not an issue I have to contemplate.

I'm looking forward to sending Dasher, Dancer, et al completely insane with my "beautiful" Christmas song renditions...

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
I received one yesterday as a birthday present
Best wishes for your birthday Paul.
Tell us how much it sucks to have a birthday 6 days before xmas. :D
My wife and I have a birthday 4 days apart and just one week after Christmas. So we usually get forgotton about as everyone is on holidays! :(
Ray

Ask a Question