I Think Workstations Are Just Not For Me

Reaction score
So far, I love it. There are always issues, but nothing that causes problems. FOR THE MONEY - and weight (I'm 81 and don't lug my Nord around, or my A103) it seems to be the new mid-level standard. The things you usually have to plan in advance are all front-panel, there are limits on the foot pedales - changable per preset - so your organ doesn't shot completely off with the exp pedal down, or you can use the sustain switch to control things like transpose of the lower manual. I'm still learning it, but it's a great gig tool. Except it's $99 for the music rest! (And $449 for the case! Get a generic from Amazon, folks...)

Reaction score
I envy those who can play piano. Those 88 DP's as well the 61 king korg you mentioned would be wonderful to play and produce magnificent sounds. Yes indeed!
I got lazy when I started out. I chose to learn how to play right hand melody only. I never learned to play bass chords. Bass cleff staff is wasted on me. However I chose to learn the triad chords to apply to ACMP's. Therefore workstations are my desire.
Now that I am living my 8th decade, to change my ways would be too time consuming.
Cheers
Ray
Tried to reply to this but wasn't logged in with correct password. So my message went poof. Will start again. Can kind of relate to your story. If you are still at it then there's hope for me. Had organ background, acquired piano and then was forced to get acquainted with keyboards after organ of 30+ years went belly up. Now have quite a collection of keyboards, Synths etc. Also joined the DAW world over a year ago. There is hope for me seeing I am not in that decade yet and am having the time of my life.

Reaction score
So far, I love it. There are always issues, but nothing that causes problems. FOR THE MONEY - and weight (I'm 81 and don't lug my Nord around, or my A103) it seems to be the new mid-level standard. The things you usually have to plan in advance are all front-panel, there are limits on the foot pedales - changable per preset - so your organ doesn't shot completely off with the exp pedal down, or you can use the sustain switch to control things like transpose of the lower manual. I'm still learning it, but it's a great gig tool. Except it's $99 for the music rest! (And $449 for the case! Get a generic from Amazon, folks...)
I am seeing today that age is only a number as I have come across posts from the older crowd. That means there is definitely hope as I continue on this music journey. And to think I got my second start much, much later in life. Question: are there only men in this category?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
If you're looking to score then Tinder is the app for you :p

Seriously, there have been many women on the forum over the past decade.

But you have to realize most females of the species are justifiably leery of the whole online dating thing so there's honestly no way of knowing if someone is male or female on these forums from a few simple posts.

It helps to keep in mind that we are basically a social club for musicians of all levels regardless of their biological attributes :D

Reaction score
If you're looking to score then Tinder is the app for you :p

Seriously, there have been many women on the forum over the past decade.

But you have to realize most females of the species are justifiably leery of the whole online dating thing so there's honestly no way of knowing if someone is male or female on these forums from a few simple posts.

It helps to keep in mind that we are basically a social club for musicians of all levels regardless of their biological attributes :D
Quite an interesting answer. Only purpose here is music involving keyboards and Synths. In a short time have already been but by G.A.S. and try to keep it under control!

Reaction score
Quite an interesting answer. Only purpose here is music involving keyboards and Synths. In a short time have already been but by G.A.S. and try to keep it under control!
You have been on this forum for two years and not posted much, but you are still here and have to have noticed that there is no macho bs here, only light hearted banter between fellow keyboardists.

Age is a mindset, I may be growing old but I refuse to grow up.

Ask a Question