I want to buy a keyboard but I confused, please suggest which one

Reaction score
Dear Sir,

I want to buy a keyboard but I am confused that which one of them is the best between Roland E09IN & Yamaha I-455.

Please suggest me.............

Fred Coulter

Collector of ancient keyboards
Reaction score
I'm assuming that you're planning on solo or with a singer/instrumentalist. Both of these keyboards are arranger keyboards, which means they're replacing the drummer/tabla players. If you're planning on a bigger band, you'll need to get drummers/tabla players who are willing to follow a machine's tempo. They're not impossible to find, but most drummers think they're better at setting and keeping tempos than a "stupid machine".

Looking at the specs of the two keyboards, it looks like the Roland is better, with double the polyphony. Polyphony matters more for an arranger keyboard than a normal keyboard because so much is being driven by the keyboard's computer rather than your fingers.

On the other hand, the Yamaha has more styles onboard, and you can keep adding styles from their website. I'm not sure how much support Roland has for arrangers; the two names I always here are Yamaha and Korg.

Do remember to include in your budget money for an amplifier. The onboard speakers are probably fine for playing and practicing at home. However, once you're playing in front of a bunch of people, you'll probably want more clean volume than the tiny speakers can provide.

The most important factor is the one I can't speak to. While I enjoy Indian music, I can't speak to which of the two keyboards produces better, more realistic sounds and styles. See if you can find them in stores where you can hear what they sound like. And if they're not available in stores, check out the instruments on YouTube. Try to imagine which one will best represent what you're trying to create. You don't want to play some sort of cheezy American version of Indian music in front of an Indian audience. (Or a knowledgeable American audience; we're not all cultural idiots.)

Best of luck with your decision.

Reaction score
I'm assuming that you're planning on solo or with a singer/instrumentalist. Both of these keyboards are arranger keyboards, which means they're replacing the drummer/tabla players. If you're planning on a bigger band, you'll need to get drummers/tabla players who are willing to follow a machine's tempo. They're not impossible to find, but most drummers think they're better at setting and keeping tempos than a "stupid machine".

Looking at the specs of the two keyboards, it looks like the Roland is better, with double the polyphony. Polyphony matters more for an arranger keyboard than a normal keyboard because so much is being driven by the keyboard's computer rather than your fingers.

On the other hand, the Yamaha has more styles onboard, and you can keep adding styles from their website. I'm not sure how much support Roland has for arrangers; the two names I always here are Yamaha and Korg.

Do remember to include in your budget money for an amplifier. The onboard speakers are probably fine for playing and practicing at home. However, once you're playing in front of a bunch of people, you'll probably want more clean volume than the tiny speakers can provide.

The most important factor is the one I can't speak to. While I enjoy Indian music, I can't speak to which of the two keyboards produces better, more realistic sounds and styles. See if you can find them in stores where you can hear what they sound like. And if they're not available in stores, check out the instruments on YouTube. Try to imagine which one will best represent what you're trying to create. You don't want to play some sort of cheezy American version of Indian music in front of an Indian audience. (Or a knowledgeable American audience; we're not all cultural idiots.)

Best of luck with your decision.
Exactly sir, I am a singer & I want to solo performance on stages, so which is perfect for me.
Thanks

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the Roland E09IN-- I'll have to download the manual and look for some videos of it being played.

I have no experience with the PSR-I455, although it's very similar to the PSR-E433 which I have and enjoy.

Until I've had a chance to check the Roland's manual and compare the specs for the two keyboards, I couldn't say which looks better in terms of features. In the meantime, Fred has made some good points for you to consider.

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the Roland E09IN-- I'll have to download the manual and look for some videos of it being played.

I have no experience with the PSR-I455, although it's very similar to the PSR-E433 which I have and enjoy.

Until I've had a chance to check the Roland's manual and compare the specs for the two keyboards, I couldn't say which looks better in terms of features. In the meantime, Fred has made some good points for you to consider.
OK sir, please do the needful and kindly suggest me.
Thanks !

Fred Coulter

Collector of ancient keyboards
Reaction score
The 7300 has the same polyphony as the Roland, but also adds the capability of recording sounds not just MIDI sequences. Whether this is something useful for you is a different matter.

The 7600 has a larger keyboard than all the other instruments listed, which (for me) would push it to the top of the list. However, the web site I went to didn't include any Indian sounds or styles, so I'm not sure it meets your needs. (Unless there's an Indian version out there, too.)

If you've got a reasonable amount of playing experience, you may want to go for the larger keyboard, too. Personally, I'm waiting for an electronic Bösendorfer, but I don't know how big that market would be.

Ask a Question