Icon Global 5 and 3 valuation

Reaction score
I was wondering what a brand new (opened but never used) Icon Global neuron 5 and 3 midi keyboards are worth both in new condition is worth as I was given them by a music shop during work experience as they were no longer selling them. I have uploaded a picrure of both

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    81.1 KB · Views: 392
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    166.8 KB · Views: 426

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
My goto places for pricing used gear is usually these guys

http://www.prepal.com/

And eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Icon-neuron-3-black-/361477346848?hash=item5429ba9620:g:wFgAAOSwoudW1u0a

No listing for the 5 but the 3 lists at $139 USD new.

Figure the 5 probably sold for about or just under $200 USD new.

Then again from what I could tell from the Italian eBay listing the software only supports XP and Vista so they're pretty much worthless to most people nowadays.

Realistically I'd say if ya can get $40 to $50 a piece for them on ebay you're ahead of the game and you won't end up screwing anybody.

Don't forget a lot of the crap on eBay is just someone's fishing expedition. :p

Gary ;)

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Good point, Fred! I like to browse Craigslist for nearby cities, and am often amazed to see some people listing an 11-year old model (e.g., Yamaha PSR-E303/YPT-300) for the same price as its latest incarnation (e.g., Yamaha PSR-E353), despite the fact that the latest model has more voices, styles, and other features than the old model. In some cases the price might be justified by the inclusion of additional accessories-- e.g., a stand, a dust cover, a sustain pedal, music books, etc. But I've seen people list a PSR-E203/YPT-200 (probably priced at around $100 when it was brand new 11 years ago) for the price of a new PSR-E443 ($250), which is crazy.

Ask a Question