Ideas for growth?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've just been taking a look at the forums for new things I can implement to help this site grow, and wondered if anyone had any suggestions?

If you've got an idea, please let me know and I'll see what I can do :)

It would be great to get this forum to one of the most active and helpful forums in this niche :D.

Reaction score
Try purchasing google or facebook ads. google would probably be the most helpful and there not terribly expensive. there is a wealth of info here that people would like to see they probably just have trouble finding it.

Reaction score
another idea, piano tabs/tutorials, i know a lot of piano players don't like them because they think people should learn how to read sheets, however its illegal to post sheet music without permission and legal rights and whatnot however tabs are completely legal as long as the lyrics are not on them. and i learned how to play piano by matching notes from a guitar and learned how to read music later (i could actually read music already just two clefs kinda sucked) and i know youtube tutorials get a ton of views.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for the ideas! I don't think I'll be able to go for google or facebook ads for a while as there isn't the budget to do that - but I might see if I can add a music database or something like that, with links to tutorials and so on :).

Reaction score
Tabs?? for Piano??? Witchcraft! :eek:

It's probably a good idea to have some kind of resources section - as well as tabs, there is a lot of classical sheet music for which the copyright has expired, and personal sheet music transcriptions count as open interpretations, so we could have those too if there's a market.

A list of youtube links would be good for lessons, gear demos etc - we could possibly get our own channel?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm just adding a couple more tweaks to the forums now, but I'll look in to how we can get a resources section with places for some of those resources you mentioned. Youtube links could also be a very handy feature.

Reaction score
or maybe a place where people could request certain tutorials?

i think it may also be a huge help to people to learn how to use virtual instruments and midi.

Reaction score
(Mourndark)...some kind of resources section - as well as tabs, there is a lot of classical sheet music for which the copyright has expired, and personal sheet music transcriptions count as open interpretations, so we could have those too if there's a market.

+1

Maybe teaching resources.

Ask a Question