Identifying Keyboard Stand

Reaction score
Hello! Need your help with identifying keyboard stand : )
So, I've seen a nice keyboard stand at the gig yesterday. Asked the guy where did he got it, he said some regular store like ten years ago. No idea which brand.

4e51f3ac64fc51a6d4ad70631839e4a18ee7f59f.jpeg

I liked this model - still quite compact, ability to put as many keyboards as needed and easily set height, seems solid.

Any idea what it is?

I know about Spider and other Column stands of course but the are quite big and bulky and pricey. And look too much like „I play UFO music“.

Really curious what brand it is : )

Reaction score
No, it's not Ultimate. Much more compact and sturdy looking. The leg is straight and also it takes much less space on the floor.
Should be perfect for studio use where one needs to fit a few tabletop modules above the main keys and be very flexible with height.

Reaction score
No, it's not Ultimate. Much more compact and sturdy looking. The leg is straight and also it takes much less space on the floor.
Should be perfect for studio use where one needs to fit a few tabletop modules above the main keys and be very flexible with height.
I tried researching different brands and styles - nothing that exactly looks like this :confused:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
What part of the world are they from. Maybe it was built in Scandinavia or Russia? Maybe it's a custom made item?

Any competent welder could knock one together in an hour or two with the right drawings and parts.

At any rate, it simply may not be available in North America.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I tried researching different brands and styles - nothing that exactly looks like this :confused:
Same same... I've even found band's key player facebook, wrote him and asked for more details, maybe he will clear that out. Otherwise nothing come close.

Reaction score
What part of the world are they from. Maybe it was built in Scandinavia or Russia? Maybe it's a custom made item?

Any competent welder could knock one together in an hour or two with the right drawings and parts.

At any rate, it simply may not be available in North America.

Gary ;)
Nice idea, yes that seems like a good explanation. Could be like a small build run. That shop just ordered it somewhere locally and sold out in a year or so. Maybe worth finding out where exactly and which year he bough it. Not so sure if it's polite to torture the guy with all the questions, anyway really want to find out!

Reaction score
It looks more like a custom stand Engineered to support a compact car.

There seems to be multiple support arms than may swivel out to provide more support than can be achieved with a twin such as the similar stands by Ultimate and K&M.

The stand in the image looks very, very substantial and it in itself is likely to be excessively heavy.

If you cannot find what you seek then sketch out a design and seek out an Engineering Shop for them to provide you with a cost to manufacture.

I am a Mechanical Engineer by profession and with access to the right kit and materials I could fabricate one in a day.

Or buy a K&M
137358B5-DB6B-4C36-B194-1DE97F75F565.jpeg

Reaction score
It looks more like a custom stand Engineered to support a compact car.

There seems to be multiple support arms than may swivel out to provide more support than can be achieved with a twin such as the similar stands by Ultimate and K&M.

The stand in the image looks very, very substantial and it in itself is likely to be excessively heavy.

If you cannot find what you seek then sketch out a design and seek out an Engineering Shop for them to provide you with a cost to manufacture.

I am a Mechanical Engineer by profession and with access to the right kit and materials I could fabricate one in a day.

Or buy a K&M
View attachment 2990

Thank you for your input.

Yes, I would love to try the custom way at some point, seems like it won't be much more expensive than Ultimate or K&M, but as an advantage one really could get what needed in terms of size / options.

I have quite a busy setup at my studio - already got four big x-style 2 tier stands. As the room isn't too large (like only 30m2) I have to look for solutions and always think how to fit it all and put together for good access.

Depending on the job I heed to move stuff around the studio often - I have main pc / workstation / mixer / monitors table and put keyboards / gear around it. Sometimes I need 3 levels of drum machines / samplers / grooveboxes if the task is to work with techno music. But next week I change to 4 poly keyboards all around the workstation, since I do different soundtrack project. Next week it's cool to remove it all to storage room since I record guitar project and it's better to have more space for musicians etc...

So I really appreciate compact and flexible solutions when you can easily and instantly change heigh, angle etc... or just easily fold and remove the stand.

I looked at the guy when he was setting up for the gig, he took his stand from the bag pack and it was very simple and fast to setup like 1 min, more like setting up a camera stand. And it takes very little space on the floor which is also good.

Anyways, seems like the guy don't want to share the source for his ultra cool stand. Those young pop rock band players are such an assholes : )

Reaction score
I’ve used a Standtastic stand for over 30 years. It’s a little heavy and not as compact as most, but very robust and the footprint isn’t a whole lot bigger. In 50 years of playing, I haven’t seen a stand that I would rather use.

Ask a Question