I'm Going Analog!!!

Reaction score
Cool :) I just love stuff like that! While watching the video I thought wow, that guys hand's are huge! then I realized they were smaller keys lol Checked it out and verified the fact, and noticed they come in different colors? What color is yours Gary? Not that it matters, just curious.

On another note, I do have some interesting news to share with you and Cowboy. I got invited to submit for a new comedy series out this fall on USA Network. I wrote and recorded a 4/6 jazz tune titled Funny Bone. It was selected, the contracts have all been signed, and it looks like it's all good to go. I'm not sure if the two of you know my real name or not, but when the credits run I can't wait to see me listed as "Songwriter" :)

Also, my Reefer Tunes CD has been printed and being sold. It would make me really happy if I could mail you & cowboy each a free copy. Be warned it has pictures or marijuana all over it, but there's no vulgar language or anything like that. Not appropriate for persons under 18 in my opinion believe it or not. Heck, I just made it because I read that anything with a pot leaf and the Colorado State flag on it was flying off the shelves. I know how to make music, so that's my product to get in on the boom. If you don't want to divulge your address though - I understand. If you wanted fellas, you could PM me your mailing address or my personal email is jmemcse at Hotmail and I'd be honored to think you guys held my CD in your hand with a grin an your face :)

Have fun with the new keys - Jim

Reaction score
Hey Jim,

Congrats mate I'm so pleased for you. I do know your real name so keep us posted when the show gets rolling.

I would love a copy of your CD - I'll PM you my address.

Cheers,

Paul

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Hi Jim.

First of all congrats on the sale and I'd love a copy of your CD. I'll send you an email with my particulars since the PMs on this board aren't exactly 100% private.

As for the Microbrute, I'm getting the basic black version. White gets dirty too fast and some of the other fruity SE colors have mostly been discontinued now. As for its size, I knew it was a mini version which is more obvious on some of the other youtube reviews.

For me that's not a problem since it has MIDI IN and USB MIDI IN and OUT so my plan is to hook it up to my studio computer and use it as a module with my Kurzweil as the controller anyway.

Anyway, Amazon says I should expect it in sometime between Tuesday and Thursday this week.

I'll keep you guys posted ;)

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
microbrute-20150517T042535-2.jpg

keyrig.jpg

The Microbrute arrived a few weeks ago, but this weekend is the first chance I've had to really play around with it, what with all the horrible events in my life the past month.

Anyway, here's a peek at it as it looks now in my home studio.

Peace out ;)

Gary

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Thanks dear. Hopefully it will serve me well for years to come. I wouldn't even want to think how much it would cost to replace it all were something to happen to it.

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Trust me Cowboy. I'm a stickler for hanging onto receipts forever, writing down serial numbers, and I have an engraving tool which I may use to etch my driver's license # into each and every piece. :eek:

Gary ;)

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
This sucker doesn't actually use patches per se, but rather every knob sets it in real time on the fly. There's no actual way to save or store a patch on this thing.

But here's a quick demo file using the Kurzweil as the controller and arpeggiator and the output is 100% from the Microbrute.

Please forgive its lack of musicality but it's just a quick demo of capability, not a thorough or exhaustive composition.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_3OTSJUflqVa20ybFZUN1d6Y3c/view?usp=sharing

Hope this gives you an idea of the sound Michael...

Gary ;)

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
This sucker doesn't actually use patches per se, but rather every knob sets it in real time on the fly. There's no actual way to save or store a patch on this thing.

That just means it uses "real" patches-- well, not the "really real" kind where you must use a tangle of patch cords, but the kind where "saving" a patch means writing down all of the necessary settings in a notebook, and "loading" a patch means exactly(ish) duplicating those settings from your notes. ;)

Thank you for the quick demo! I look forward to hearing it used in one of your compositions. :)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Actually there's 8 inputs and outputs for genuine patch cords. :D

Though why they bothered building them in is a bit of a joke really. They could just as easily have been replaced with a bank of 8 switches :D

My guess is the patch bay is more aesthetic than practical.

With my father's passing last month I've had precious little inclination to compose any music though. Too many other things on my mind ATM.

I promise that I will end up using the Microbrute in my next composition though.

Keep yer stick on the ice...

Peace ;)

Gary

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
This just showed up in my inbox yesterday. Nice looking bit of kit and the street price is only $599 USD. Dirt cheap by Moog Standards.

I might consider picking one up the next time I'm itching to swap some gear. ;)

The Moog Mother 32...

Gary ;)

Reaction score
That looks like an interesting piece of kit. Although I am not really a synth player I always enjoy looking at them and trying to find a reason why I should have them :p

Think my next synth though will be the Moog Slim Phatty. I like that Moog sound but not ready to go to the full Voyager pack

Ask a Question