I'm having a mid life crisis

Reaction score
But instead of buying a flash sports car, I'm going to learn how to play keyboards instead :D

Hello everyone!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Welcome aboard outtatune...

Believe me, you're not the first one here to respond to his mid life crisis with a new keyboard ;)

Personally I'm deep into my second childhood now and believe me, keyboards are a lot less trouble and a helluva lot less expensive than buying a new corvette or sailboat or taking on a mistress :D :D :D

What kind of music are you into and what sort of keyboard ar you looking to buy?

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Hi there I just started playing four weeks ago and really enjoying it , I purchased a used Yamaha psr e333 and a new stool and stand 170 pounds all in ,best money I ever spent , once I got over the how the heck do I learn this it soon starts falling into place , I am learning from complete keyboard player by Kenneth baker book 1 that my music teachers uses with his pupils I only had one lesson and for other reasons not been able to take anymore but the book is very good for self teaching , it starts of with section s of popular songs but after 4 weeks I can play the first four songs very well with accomp and at correct tempo with chords on left hand I can play c g and f chord and I have had great fun playing around with the rythms and tempos of songs with the keyboard styles and voices thing I like about the keyboard is you can keep a song you learning interesting by altering stuff and experimenting , I also learnt a simple version of ode to joy and jingle bells and currently working on song 5 and 6 in the book which is a bigger challenge as I am moving on from the first 5 notes the book may not suit everyone as it gives you finger numbers and the notes have there corresponding letter name at side but I like it and as you go through the books it gradually builds up your knowledge

its a great book for progressing quickly

mark

Ask a Question