I'm new to keyboard and I have a question about patches :O

Reaction score
Hey y'all. I just bought myself a keyboard and I was wondering if its possible to download new types of sounds from a website and transfer them into my patch bank when I connect the keyboard to the computer. Is that possible? If so, what website would I go to to find new patches?

Example: I'm interested in writing some ambient music by using some psychedelic bell sounds and some spacey atmospheric tones.

Reaction score
Its a PSR-E423

Yeah... its a cheap model :p. But I didn't want to start out on something expensive without knowing the basics.

Reaction score
If you go to PSRTUTORIAL.COM you will find thousands of styles, midi's, voices and multipads free to download you can copy into the user-area of your keyboard.
That website is by far the best on the globe for Yamaha fans. It is focused on the higher end keyboards in general but you will find a mountain of usefull stuff and many helpful guru's if you need advice.
For a starter keyboard you made a good choice, don't discount it as cheap, the 423 is a basic arranger-keyboard but with a lot of possibilities and good sounds.
Have fun with it!

Ask a Question