I'm probably showing my ignorance but I'll ask anyway!

Reaction score
Korg PA300 Arranger:
This keyboard contains many 'prebuilt' styles (several tracks of auto accompaniments ready to be used to play over). It's possible to see all the tracks and alter their individual characteristics.
Is there a way to output these tracks independently into a DAW such as Audacity?
Thanks...

Reaction score
Sort of a yes.

Press the Track Select button for the first half of them to be displayed, you can then select each one and customise it as you want.

Pressing Track Select a second time displays the second half of the tracks.

I am unsure without reading the Manual (hint) just how many tracks the 300 has.

The above is how it works in the 700/1000/4X so I presume the 300 is similar.

As for MIDI output, I have seen a video of it being done but no idea how to do it myself.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with Korg arrangers, but if you're talking about recording the accompaniment's MIDI output then I think you should be able to do it. All you should need to do is record the keyboard's MIDI output in your DAW while the accompaniment is playing, and the different parts (i.e., instruments) of the accompaniment should be on their own MIDI channels. The DAW might record everything to one track, but the MIDI data will still be divided between different channels, and the DAW will probably have some function that lets you move the channels to separate tracks if desired.

Note that you might need to go into your keyboard's settings and specify that you want the accompaniment to be output to the MIDI OUT port.

Also, note that some arrangers may have "audio" accompaniments which might not output any MIDI data.

Reaction score
If you watch either Korg Tutorial 3 or 2, the presenter shows how to set up MIDI, I know it was one of them just not sure which.

Korgworld is a UK website managed by Korg UK staff, crowdcast is the webinar hosting company Korg UK use.

Reaction score
If you watch either Korg Tutorial 3 or 2, the presenter shows how to set up MIDI, I know it was one of them just not sure which.

Korgworld is a UK website managed by Korg UK staff, crowdcast is the webinar hosting company Korg UK use.

Thank you for your suggestion however I watched both tutorial 2 and 3 and no mention of setting up Midi.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
One thing I just noticed in your original post is that you mentioned "a DAW such as Audacity." Please be aware that Audacity is not a DAW per se, at least not by the usual definition of a DAW; it's more of an "audio recording software." Typically a DAW will include feature functions for creating, recording, and editing MIDI tracks, rather than simply audio tracks, but as far as I know Audacity doesn't have very many MIDI-related feature functions.

If you'd like to record the MIDI output of your Korg, but don't want to spend a lot of money on a DAW, there are some commercial DAWs which have free "lite" versions available, such as PreSonus Studio One, as well as the well-known Cakewalk DAW which was purchased by BandLab and made available for free.

Or if you want to buy a DAW without spending a lot of money, most DAWs come in two or more versions with different prices based on factors such as how many audio and MIDI tracks you need to use in each project and how many virtual instruments and virtual effects you want to get.

Also, most companies will let you download, install, and use their DAW for a limited-time free trial.

Reaction score
Your PA300 will record MIDI files which you should be able to save to a memory devicem see page 72 of the Manual.

Once on the memory device you can then transfer it to your PC and import it in a DAW but do be aware the DAW will not have the sams instrument sounds as you have on your PA.

Reaction score
Thanks to all that replied to my question.
I have settled for b3maniac idea of muting all 8 tracks in the sequencer section and just turn on each one in turn to record each individual track into a DAW. After all 8 tracks have been recorded into the DAW I can adjust their levels, pan etc in the DAW. It's works fine.
To make sure all the tracks align correctly in the DAW I use the keyboard metronome so I have an accurate record 'count in' for each track. It's actually simpler than it sounds, and I only give this explanation in case someone else wants to record each keyboard track separately in a DAW.

Reaction score
Have a look in Global > MIDI > MIDI Out

There you can set each track's output

You may find that Global is set as default for one of the output Tracks

Ask a Question