Imperial March, By John Williams- Midi sequence

Reaction score
I posted this sequence awhile back mixed on the Roland i belive, Being Star Wars week I thought it would be fun to re-mix it on the MX61, no GM patches used , all hand picked voices. This is one of my favorite scores by John Williams, crank it up! ;)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Superb sound Gary!
I love the music from Star Wars.
Always exciting.

I have never ever seen any
Star Wars movies. No episodes! None what so ever and I don't have any desires to see any in the future.:eek:
Am I the only one?:eek:
Ray

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
You're not the only one who is disenchanted with Star Wars Ray.

The first three were a mildly fun romp across the stars but hardly what I'd call groundbreaking science fiction in any sense of the word.

The second three (or the first depending on how you count them) were a shameless cash grab trying to create a prequel to the trilogy.

As for the last three, I watched about 10 minutes of one and almost threw up.

I mean HOW MANY FRICKING DEATH STARS ARE THEY GONNA BLOW UP?

Perhaps if they actually spent a few of the $BILLION$ they made on the earlier ones on writers the plots would actually stand up to time, but instead it seems all they can do is rehash the same stupid plotline over and over again.

I mean I know that they intended it to be a sort of kitschy take off on the old serials like Flash Gordon in the first place, but somewhere along the line they became full of themselves.

Believe me Ray, you're not missing a damned thing. Just so much baseless eye candy with a plot written by a 12 year old.

Now Dark City or I Robot or 2001 A Space Odyssey, those were thought provoking classics of Sci Fi. Even Star Trek or the Orville dig deeper into the realms of "What If?"

Star Wars is just so much marketing hype to sell garbage plastic toys at Xmas... :p

Gary ;)

Reaction score
There is one standard that all SciFi movies are measured against ........ Blade Runner.

Every SciFi movie pales when compared to Blade Runner and Vangelis’s score in BR blows John Williams’s Star Wars efforts into a galaxy, far, far, away.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
There is one standard that all SciFi movies are measured against ........ Blade Runner.

Every SciFi movie pales when compared to Blade Runner and Vangelis’s score in BR blows John Williams’s Star Wars efforts into a galaxy, far, far, away.

Yeah but I've heard the sequel that came out this year totally blows chunks. Ford must need the money for flight insurance :D :D :D

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Being Star Wars week I thought it would be fun to re-mix it on the MX61, no GM patches used
Great job Gary!!!

I love Blade Runner too. I used to listen to the soundtrack all the time as a kid. Really enjoyed the recent 2049. However I'll have to plump for 2001 as my favourite Sci Fi of all time, sorry Biggles. You also shouldn't discount Close Encounters, Arrival, Interstellar, District 9, Alien, War of the Worlds (1953 film) and The Matrix, featuring multiple scenes shot in Sydney pretending to be somewhere in America!

I have never ever seen any
Star Wars movies.
I've never seen any Harry Potter movies. So we kind of have something in common there!

Believe me Ray, you're not missing a damned thing. Just so much baseless eye candy with a plot written by a 12 year old.
The most recent film (Rogue One) was quite clever and wonderful. The Star Wars flicks aren't exactly cerebral, they're more like 60's war films with a space backdrop, but I could argue that the first Blade Runner is equally simplistic, more or less a noir set in the future. Doesn't mean they're not cool films.

Reaction score
Yeah but I've heard the sequel that came out this year totally blows chunks. Ford must need the money for flight insurance :D :D :D

Gary ;)
Seen the sequel.

It does not suck as such but its 1/2 hour too long, the storyline is a bit weak and it would have been far better with a lead who could act better than the incumbent.

Once Ford came into the movie at a very late stage his acting blew away the others.

The ending was weak and petered out.

Original 10/10 sequel 5/10.

I will not be buying the BluRay of it when it is released.

Reaction score
Great job Gary!!!

I love Blade Runner too. I used to listen to the soundtrack all the time as a kid. Really enjoyed the recent 2049. However I'll have to plump for 2001 as my favourite Sci Fi of all time, sorry Biggles. You also shouldn't discount Close Encounters, Arrival, Interstellar, District 9, Alien, War of the Worlds (1953 film) and The Matrix, featuring multiple scenes shot in Sydney pretending to be somewhere in America!

I've never seen any Harry Potter movies. So we kind of have something in common there!

The most recent film (Rogue One) was quite clever and wonderful. The Star Wars flicks aren't exactly cerebral, they're more like 60's war films with a space backdrop, but I could argue that the first Blade Runner is equally simplistic, more or less a noir set in the future. Doesn't mean they're not cool films.
Great movies quoted by you Cowboy.

You probably can guess what I am about to write about 2001, but the spacship docking sequence to the Blue Danube waltz is my all time favourite SciFi scene.

I am not discounting any other SciFi film, all those you quote are great.

For tongue in cheek SciFi fun 5th Element is a good watch.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Everyone is talking about movies now!
We have blown Gary D's thread out of the universe . .lol.
My fault for saying I never watched StarWars.
Btw . . When I was a kid, I did watch every weekly episode of "lost in space" and "my favourite martian" lol.

Back on music (still the space theme)
I really like the sound track to "war of the worlds"
Cheers ray.

Reaction score
All this talk of SciFi movies and their soundtracks makes me want to learn the Doctor Who theme in readiness for the Christmas episode that is to be shown on the BBC on Christmas Day.

Now there is a theme that has been going strong in various arrangements since the early Sixties.

The Y_man

Reaction score
Nice one @Gary D

If I can be a real pedantic $#^#%^ I think it would be great if you can slow the tempo a bit at the start and then "bring it up" to full speed.

I'm finding the start too "mechanical", so a bit of tempo variation might put in a bit of "human" factor. Hope this makes sense.

The Y-man

Ask a Question