Important question!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm learning to play on keys by myself and I use scores from time to time, but I don't know where to find them. Is anyone knows some good web-sites with scores? I've spent 2 weeks searching for good ones. If you can send me example I will be immensely grateful.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
If by "Good" you mean copyrighted material licensed by still living artists, then you HAVE TO PAY FOR THEM LIKE THE REST OF US.

NO FREE LUNCH.

You're taking food out of the artists mouth when you pirate his work.

THIS WEBSITE DOES NOT CONDONE PIRACY OF ANY KIND!!!!

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
You can buy used song books and sheet music from obvious places . . Even ebay. . Very low cost.
Some websites offer the first page of modern tunes for free for evaluation before purchase.
but I don't know where to find them
Just google "keyboard sheet music"
You will get an abundance of choices. Some are even free.
R

Reaction score
If by "Good" you mean copyrighted material licensed by still living artists, then you HAVE TO PAY FOR THEM LIKE THE REST OF US.

NO FREE LUNCH.

Of course I'm not trying to find "free lunch", I just asked. Don't be so rude :cool:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
So what exactly did you mean by "GOOD WEBSITES WITH SCORES?"

Google should have shown you the top hits on your searches already.

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
i refuse to apologize for standing up for author's rights.

Way too many people surf in here looking for assistance with copyright violation already.

Absolutely NOTHING wrong with spelling it out clearly once in a while.

And seriously : " Important Question" as thread title? Gimme a break...

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Reaction score
i refuse to apologize for standing up for author's rights.

Way too many people surf in here looking for assistance with copyright violation already.

Absolutely NOTHING wrong with spelling it out clearly once in a while.

And seriously : " Important Question" as thread title? Gimme a break...

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I'm learning to play on keys by myself and I use scores from time to time, but I don't know where to find them. Is anyone knows some good web-sites with scores? I've spent 2 weeks searching for good ones. If you can send me example I will be immensely grateful.
One day I made a experiment: I searched on Google for non copyrighted songs, and songs free of authoring rights, for me to test some editions using midi in a DAW. Then I found a list of song names. Afterthat, I searched for Free scores with the name of the song I choosed. I also serached for free midi files with that song. Then, I made my own version of that song, but only as a work of edition. not as a creator of the song.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
I have always liked "Time is Tight" by Booker T.
A great 60's organ sound.
Sheet music is not free for this one and looking at the sample evaluation page, it looked complicated.
So this is what I did . .
I listened to the song and figured out it was in the key of C.
I played a few bars and stopped and wrote down what I thought. Starts in G for 4 beats followed by C and G and back to G. = first 3 bars.
The first G is below middle C and that clashes with my split point. So I moved it up an octave. Sounds perfect!
I transferred my writings to blank staffs. I tried it out on my keyboard. . . Hey! Got it right!
Working out the chords was tricky. Trial and error but C, G and F majors all work superbly.
So I continued the whole song . . stop, start, rewind, pencil to paper, play bits on my keyboard, play a few bars, stop, start, rewind, replay etc.etc . . Get the picture? Taken a few days so far but as you can see . . not quite finished.
I know I have many mistakes in there . . for example ties are wrong etc. . but it makes sense to me.
Have a look at my work.
R

Attachments

• IMG_4494.JPG
    IMG_4494.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 32
Reaction score

NO FREE LUNCH.

A totally unnecessary and hostile response to a fair question.

In response to the original poster, I'd recommend musicnotes.com. The ability to transpose into different keys before downloading is really useful for beginners. If you want free content (which can be legitimate), you will find a lot of simple traditional and folk music freely available if it's royalty free. Good luck, and please ignore any forum nastiness - not everyone's like it!

Reaction score

In response to the original poster, I'd recommend musicnotes.com. The ability to transpose into different keys before downloading is really useful for beginners. If you want free content (which can be legitimate), you will find a lot of simple traditional and folk music freely available if it's royalty free. Good luck, and please ignore any forum nastiness - not everyone's like it!
Colin, I have to question your motives for posting this.

Issue here long dealt with and resolved, and your answer simply duplicates something already posted by others. No value add whatsoever that I can determine.

And this your first post. If you joined the forum merely to re-ignite a fire, may I say that this is really disappointing and not what we’re about here.

If you had purer motives I apologise, feel free to correct me and make them less obscure.

Reaction score

To add to prior post, you may find it useful to hover over the person starting a thread to see when they last visited the forum.

In this case the OP has not visited for a month and any comment to them or about other posts can be at best pointless.

Welcome to the forum btw.

Reaction score
Colin, I have to question your motives for posting this.

Issue here long dealt with and resolved, and your answer simply duplicates something already posted by others. No value add whatsoever that I can determine.

And this your first post. If you joined the forum merely to re-ignite a fire, may I say that this is really disappointing and not what we’re about here.

If you had purer motives I apologise, feel free to correct me and make them less obscure.
Ok, fair question.
I was searching for keyboard forums on Google a the link I clicked on brought me to this post. I was so shocked to see such seemingly unnecessary hostility to someone's question that I felt compelled to comment.
Taking on board your views about re-igniting a fire, can I ask why you didn't simply let this go and sink back down the listings, rather than doing exactly what you've criticised me for and perpetuating and old debate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question