Importing and Sequencing a MIDI Track with a Yamaha Motif ES8

Reaction score
Hi friends,

I had a question that I have been trying to find an answer to, but with no luck. I have a Yamaha Motif ES8 keyboard and what I want to do is load two midi tracks in and be able to assign different voices to them. The reason is that a friend of mine wants to hear many different dual combinations of sounds so he can pick what he wants best for the track. The MIDI is a classical piece. I also looked into step recording the piece but as I said, the ability to assign different voices and play them back is what I am after. Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I don't know how involved it is to change the voices (patches) inside a MIDI recording on the Motif, but it seems like the easiest solution would be to import the MIDI file into a DAW, set each track to go to the Motif on one of the 16 MIDI channels, and change the Bank Select MSB/LSB and Program Change numbers in the DAW. Pick two voices, play the tracks to the Motif to see how the voices sound, change the voices, play the tracks again, etc.

Ask a Question