Improvised piece for Rhodes, Arp2600 and Moog Voyager

Reaction score
Here's a link to a piece I recently posted on You Tube and Bandcamp. It's a free improv on Rhodes with one-take synthesizer dubs added later. This was just an opportunity to try and blend conventional harmony with some of the cool "non musical" sounds the Arp and Moog can generate.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Nice and ethereal but it could have used a bit of sequencer or LFO fun to give it a touch of a beat at some point.

REALLY nice gear by the way... ;)

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Nice and ethereal but it could have used a bit of sequencer or LFO fun to give it a touch of a beat at some point.

REALLY nice gear by the way... ;)

Gary ;)

Thanks for watching. Good point about the sequencer. I have a real sequencer and am planning to get it fired up soon for the next one.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Looking forward to hearing it. :)

BTW, I checked out a couple more of your vids and subscribed to your channel. You really have a treasure trove of high end vintage gear there.

Independently wealthy or just a good horse trader? :)

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Looking forward to hearing it. :)

BTW, I checked out a couple more of your vids and subscribed to your channel. You really have a treasure trove of high end vintage gear there.

Independently wealthy or just a good horse trader? :)

Gary ;)

Thanks. Yes, I have some nice stuff. And I'm not blase about it. I'm really grateful to have it. I'm neither independently wealthy nor a good horse trader. (If I was independently wealthy, I'd have lots more time to make music and videos. And there'd be lots more up than I currently have.) I have a good paying corporate job, and I don't have kids to feed, clothe and educate. So that money goes into the studio. But it's a small house with a small studio, so I'm out of room. I have one more addition coming and then that's it. But I've got what I need to make the sounds I want. Can't ask for more than that.

Rick

Ask a Question