Increasing floppy storage for PA50

Reaction score
An idea. somewhere I have a floppy adaptor FUJIFILM FD-A2. this can hold smartmedia card 16,32,64 or 128mbs see card at this link:- http://kenwedge.50g.com/5tchmw-210x158.jpg . Pic is about actual size of card.

This adaptor fits any floppy drive so will see if it works with the PA50.
If anyone is familiar with this system please share, thanks.

Reaction score
Did you knew you can change the whole floppydrive for a new ‘box’ with an USB-connector?
Be aware, it does NOT work exactly the same as an USB-drive in a computer because the internal electronics in older keyboards can’t handle it. This unit ‘fakes’ 100 floppies and the keyboard will still see, read/write and treat it as a floppy-drive. The USB-flash-stick you are going to use for this Emulator has to be first formatted in a special way (software comes with it).
On your keyboard-display everything will look the same as before.
However, in the new drive are no more moving parts and you don’t need to change floppies anymore, just push a button to make a choice. Because of this, it works also a bit faster.
I did this in my Yamaha's over two years ago and it works like a dream. They are also available for Korg and Roland.
If you are interested send me your emailaddress and I send you more info with some pictures, where to get it and what NOT to get.

Reaction score
Hi Dick, I've just bought and fitted a USB emulator to my PA80. I did not get a specially formatted usb stick--Should they have supplied one?
It lights up and I have tried using a standard USB stick with midifiles but nothing happens. Can you tell me what I need to do?

Reaction score
Hi Dick, I've just bought and fitted a USB emulator to my PA80. I did not get a specially formatted usb stick--Should they have supplied one?
It lights up and I have tried using a standard USB stick with midifiles but nothing happens. Can you tell me what I need to do?

The USB-Stick has to be formatted with the software that comes with the emulator or it will not work.
Send me your emailaddress en I will send you all the (bit dated) information (and software) I have. It is too large to upload on this forum.

Reaction score
The USB-Stick has to be formatted with the software that comes with the emulator or it will not work.
Send me your emailaddress en I will send you all the (bit dated) information (and software) I have. It is too large to upload on this forum.
Thanks Dick for your reply and offer of help.
My email is ; (e-mail address removed)
Roley

Ask a Question